A. Pronto 482 Barcode Label Printer
The Pronto! 482 offers fast, reliable barcode label printing. With user-friendly printer design, advanced networking, rapid processing, support for all major barcodes and expandable memory, it is extraordinarily simple to print barcode labels with the Pronto! 482.
The Pronto features include:
– Up to 203 DPI
– 2 – 10 ips
– Built in Ethernet
Complete the form below to request a quote
Complete to request a product quote
Or call us on +61 7 3868-4255
Here’s how to receive a quote for this product
It only takes a minute to complete the first step. Start now!
The Pronto! 482 is a fast, reliable barcode label printer. With user-friendly printer design, advanced networking, rapid processing, support for all major barcodes, and expandable memory, it is a pleasure to print barcode labels with the Pronto! 482.
The Pronto! 482 is suitable for the majority of barcode label printing applications, delivering consistent, high-speed label printing at up to 10 ips, compatible with most barcode labelling software, and able to be integrated with major ERP systems and custom host software systems.
The Pronto! 482 is used to make low-cost custom labels for primary display labelling when it over-prints a pre-printed flexographic label. Start with a roll of labels printed with your logo, colourful product artwork, or a simple background colour “floodcoat.” Then, load this roll into the Pronto! 482 barcode label printer, add a roll of thermal transfer ribbon in the colour of your choice, and use the Pronto! to print variable information such as product description, flavour, weight, size, nutrition facts, ingredients, and barcode onto the open space of the pre-printed label. The result is a beautiful, “custom-printed” label that costs very little.
Why you can’t say no to the Pronto! 482 Barcode Label Printer – Benefits
Barcode Printer with Built-in Ethernet & Web Server.
A built-in Ethernet server and a built-in web server is standard with every Pronto! barcode printer, allowing you to print over a network as well as monitor the status of your barcode printer remotely via the Internet and see whether it is printing, receiving data or in need of labels or ribbon (sends you a message via e-mail!)
Ideal for factory, warehouse or office.
The Pronto! 482 Barcode Label Printer is a quiet addition to any office. Its die-cast aluminium build also makes it rugged enough for industrial settings where operators at workbenches print work-in-process labels or packing labels on-demand, or in a hectic shipping department, where shipping labels are printed on-demand from a warehouse management system.
Ergonomic Design, easy to operate & maintain
Quicklabels understand that you have limited workspace so they have designed both Pronto Printers to fold in the centre to lift the cover to re-load labels and ribbon. One Allen head screw removes all parts for cleaning and replacement.
High Speed, Rapid Processing & support for all major BarCodes
There’s no hesitation when the Pronto! 482 prints variable information. With its ColdFire® CPU running at 400 MIPS at 266 MHz, data processing – speed is rapid. In combination with the 64 MB SDRAM and 8MB Flash on-board memory, time-to-print the first label out is very quick and there will be virtually no “pauses” for buffering of data and no “data overload” for the vast majority of label print jobs so printing up to 10 inches per second! The Pronto is able to generate virtually any linear barcode symbology and 2D barcode that exists. Check out the Specifications for confirmation of the Barcode Symbology that it supports.
No problem The Pronto! 482 is ready for system integration by virtue of a built-in Basic compiler program that allows the Pronto! to interpret incoming data and print labels written in another language. If you plan to connect your Pronto! to a device such as a scale or to add it to an existing packaging line via communication with a mainframe computer and ERP system, QuickLabel Systems will assist you by writing an interpreter for each label format. Note: this compiler is intended to translate a small number of label templates, and is not a true language emulator.
Advanced Connectivity & Expandable Memory
We have the latest connectivity available in a barcode label printer. The Pronto! 482 comes standard with two USB 2.0 accessory ports (and another for communication with the host computer). You can connect the Rewinder, Cutter and other accessories via USB. Other standard connections include the Ethernet & RS232C Serial Port and option of a wireless LAN card. Reduce label processing time for your host computer by your own USB memory stick into one of the available USB accessory ports or install a Compact Flash Card either up to 2 Gb storage and save your label file formats, images, databases, and fonts on these memory devices, where they can be rapidly retrieved during label printing.
Full Customer Support from Metromatics
The Pronto! comes with an one-year warranty. Metromatics has been selling and supporting Quicklabel Systems products in Australia and New Zealand for over 25 years. We will come to your location, install the Pronto! and train your users to start printing labels and provide you with on-going support and guidance. We also have in stock in Brisbane a large range of QuickLabel Systems Thermal Transfer Ribbons and Label Stock to support you and your product further.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE PRONTO 482! BARCODE LABEL PRINTER
- Technology: Thermal Transfer (1 spot color) and Direct Thermal
- Resolution: 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- Speed: 2 – 10 ips (51 mm – 254 mm/sec)
- Print Modes: Batch, Tear-Off, Demand/Peel, Cut and Perf/Cut (requires accessories)
- Control Panel: Illuminated, front panel keypad with Cancel, Enter, Feed, Menu, and Pause functions
- Display: Illuminated graphical 4 line x 20 character LCD display and Real-Time Clock
- Print Width: 4 mm – 104 mm; Max. Accepted Label Width (throat): 116 mm
- Print Length: 5 mm – 2000 mm
- Ribbon Roll Capacity: 500m long Outside Diameter: 210mm
- Label/Tag Requirements:
Media Sensor: Adjustable sensor moves from (5 mm – 53 mm).
Detects Gap/Notch, Reflective, and Continuous.
- Label/Tag Width: 4mm – 116mm
- Label/Tag Length: 2000mm
- Label Roll Supply Roll: 210mm OD; 38mm – 100mm ID
- Thickness: 0.07mm – 0.35mm
Barcodes and Fonts:
- Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII Indent and lead (extended Code 3 of 9), Code 93, Code 128 A, B, C, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN/UPC Appendix 2, EAN/UPC Appendix 5, FIM, GS1-128 (formerly known as UCC 128), HIBC, 13 JAN 8, Identcode (German Post Code), MSI, Plessey, Postnet, RSS 14, UPC A, UPC E, E0
- 2D Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock F, EAN-Datamatrix, Data Matrix, PDF 417, Micro PDF 417, QR-Code, RSS 14 truncated, limited, stacked and stacked omnidirectional, IUID/UID, UPS Maxicode.
- Fonts: Any TrueType® font can be downloaded; 5 bitmap and 3 vector fonts on-board
Software and Electronics:
- Printer Drivers: Windows® Vista driver standard
- Software: NiceLabel® barcode labelling software optional
- System Integration: Host protocol, Basic compiler
- Memory: 64Mb RAM, 8Mb ROM on-board. Optional: Up to 1 Tb USB drive, up to 256Gb Type 1 Compact Flash card
- Electronics: 32-bit ColdFire RISC 266 MHz, Real-Time Clock
- Connectivity: Standard: USB 2.0 (two additional USB ports for accessories), Ethernet 10/100 Base-T (10/100 Mbit/s), RS232C Serial; Optional: Wireless LAN card, IEEE 1284 Parallel adapter
Physical and Environmental:
- Dimensions: 274mm H x 242 mm W x 446 mm D
- Weight: 9 kg
- Environmental Requirements: Operate at 10° – 35° C, 30 – 85% Relative Humidity
- Power Requirements: Universal Power Supply 100 – 240 VAC (self-switching), 50/60Hz 250W max.
Compliance Standards: CE, UL/CULus, FCC Class A, RoHS, WEEE