The 3000 Series Convection Cooled ATRs is a portfolio of convection cooled ATRs. These ATRs conform to standard ARINC 404A sizes. They are also fully scalable and capable of housing all euro card board types, form factors and slot counts. Thanks to their aluminium alloy housing these ATRs provide superior strength and rigidity while also ensuring MIL-STD-461 compliance for EMI/EMC. The 3000 Series Convection cooled ATRs are perfect for rugged defence applications.
Convection Cooled ATRs – 3000 Series
The 3000 Series Convection Cooled ATRs is a portfolio of convection cooled ATRs that conform to standard ARINC 404A sizes (1/4 short to 1 1/2 long). These ATRs are also fully scalable and capable of housing all euro card board types, form factors and slot counts. In addition to being meeting ARINC standards, these ATRs also have machined aerospace grade aluminium alloy housing and aluminium internal structures. As a result, they provide superior strength and rigidity while also ensuring MIL-STD-461 compliance for EMI/EMC.
In addition to this, because NIS engineering specialises in advanced thermal management and packaging techniques; the most efficient cooling methods (based on environment and program specifications are first considered in the design process. As a result, the 3000 convection cooled ATRs provide aggressive cooling from forced air – generally blowing through front to rear air channels.
Furthermore, the Class 3000 ATRs also accommodate up to 18-slot cPCI, VME or VPX backplane. These chassis are also fully compliant with IEEE 1101.10. In addition to this, the internal sub-rack consists of NIS’s single-piece billet for added structural strength. Finally, these ATRs also accept 3U or 6U convection cooled plug-in boards on 0.8, 0.85, or 1.0 pitch
Please note that power supply options include fixed or plug in style power supplies with outputs up to 2kW. Input power options include single or three phase VAC inputs including 100-264 VAC @ 47-63 Hz; 115 VAC @ 400 Hz; and nominal VDC inputs from 12VDC up to 270VDC. Custom power systems are also available.
Finally, I/O connector options include D38999 Series-III, MIL-STD-26482 and other circular types commonly found in military electronic systems. For moderate to large unit volume, NIS will design an I/O printed circuit board to reduce cabling complexity and direct labor costs, passing those savings to you, our customer.
Key Features of the 3000 Series Convection Cooled ATRs
- Removable and customisable front I/O panels
- Extensive use of captive hardware
- Cleanable air filters on all air intakes (where applicable)
- Louvered air intake and exhaust (where applicable)
- Hard mount, cold plate, ARINC shock tray and custom mounting
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
|Model Number||ARINC Size||Data Sheet|
|Model 3000||Custom||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3010||Dwarf||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3020||¼ Short||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3025||¼ Long||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3030||3/8 Short||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3035||3/8 Long||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3040||½ Short||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3045||½ Long||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3050||¾ Short||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3055||¾ Long||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3060||1 Short||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3065||1 long||Download|
|Model 3070||1 ½ Short||Coming Soon!|
|Model 3075||1 ½ Long||Coming Soon!|
- All Eurocard backplanes supported
- CompactPCI (cPCI)
- VME and VME64x (ANSI/VITA 1.1-1997)
- VXS (ANSI/VITA 41)
- VPX (VITA 46), OpenVPX (VITA 65) and VPX REDI (VITA 48)
- Hybrid, custom and semi-custom configurations designed and fabricated in house.
- 3U or 6U backplane and plug in boards
- Convection cooled plug in boards.
- 8”, 0.85”, 1” and mixed board pitch supported
- Custom I/O panels can be discretely wired, plug into the backplane via right angle connectors, and/or utilize semi-rigid flex circuitry to maintain a homogenous backplane and I/O board structure.
|VDC Input||12V, 24V, 28V, 48V, 72V and 270V nominal input|
|VAC Input||110VAC , 220VAC or autoranging|
47-440Hz aircraft power support
3-phase power input support
|Custom||Custom configurations can be produced in collaboration with parent company Technology Dynamics, Inc.|
|EMI Filtering||MIL-STD-461 compliant EMI filters produced by sister company Nova Electric are included with all ATRs. Custom and semi-custom configurations available.|
|Voltage Holdup||MIL-STD-704 voltage hold up available as an option|
Common Specifications (abbreviated):
The specifications listed are the minimum met by all ATR Chassis. Please visit individual product pages to see which models exceed these specifications.
Up to -40°C to +70°C operating
Up to -40°C to +85°C non-operating
Temperature ranges vary by application, installation environment, and if heater option is selected
|Humidity||MIL-STD-810F / RTCA/DO-160F|
|Altitude||MIL-STD-810F, up to 40,000ft (operating)|
MIL-STD-810F, up to 60,000ft. (non-operating)
|Inclination||0° to 30° in any axis|
|Sand/Dust||MIL-STD-810F, highly resilient with cleanable dust filters|
|Rain||MIL-STD-810F, highly resilient with louvered air intakes|
|Salt Fog||MIL-STD-810F, with conformal coated boards|
- Machined aluminium (aerospace grade 6061-T6) housing with formed sheet metal (aluminum 5032-H32) internal structures and brackets
- Carbon fiber, composites and advanced materials optional and used as necessary
- Dip braised (optional)
- Chemical film per MIL-C-5541, Class 3, Gold Colour (standard)
- Customer defined MIL-Spec painting and silk screen or engraving
- Fighter Jet
- Commercial aircraft
- Prop and Turbo prop aircraft