The Class 4500 Development Chassis are a portfolio of tabletop, lab grade convection cooled enclosures available in half and full width models. These chassis’ use 3U and 6U boards. They also accommodate popular backplane types. Backplanes include 3U and 6U form factors of CompactPCI (PCI), VME, VME64x, VXS, OpenVPX, VPX or custom. The 4500 Chassis also support 80mm RTM modules.
In addition to the qualities listed above Nova’s industrial grade enclosures also utilise one or two PICMG 2.11 hot swap/redundant/N+1 plug-in power supplies with either AC or DC input. Alternatively, the 4500 can also use hard mounted PSU’s or external power.
Furthermore, all models can be aggressively cooled with a removable fan tray and cleanable air filter. In addition, machined panels can also replace card guides to facilitate testing of the air-flow of plug in boards.
Finally, chassis can be configured with Nova’s μP-based System Environmental Monitor (SEM) to monitor and control critical system operational parameters. This includes temperature, fan speed and input and output power. User-definable analog and digital channels are also available as well as HTTP and SNMP protocols (in firmware).
Key Features of the Class 4500 Development Chassis
- Aluminium extrusion body with 9mm steel covers. Cast aluminium decorative front and rear bezels.
- Full width models are rack-mountable
- Conforms to IEC 297-3, DIN 41494 pt5 and BS 5954
- Add functionality with peripherals and customisable front I/O panels
- Cleanable air filters on all air intakes (where applicable)
- System Environmental Monitor (SEM) available as an option