A. Pronto 486 Barcode Label Printer
The desktop Pronto! 486 Label Printer is ideal for high-resolution barcode label printing. At a speed of up to 4 ips, the Pronto! 486 makes barcode labels fast enough to satisfy most labelling applications.
With user-friendly features printer design, advanced networking, rapid data processing, support for all major barcodes, and expandable memory, it is a pleasure to print barcode labels with the high-resolution Pronto! 486.
Complete the form below to request a quote
Complete to request a product quote
Or call us on +61 7 3868-4255
Here’s how to receive a quote for this product
It only takes a minute to complete the first step. Start now!
Why you can’t say no to the Pronto! 486 Label Printer – Benefits
Print Labels with Graphics using your Label Printer.
This 600 dpi label printer makes barcode labels with very small text, at sizes as small as 4 pt. type, and makes barcode label graphics in near-lithographic print quality with consistent, solid fills and clean lines and curves. Some use the Pronto! 486 to make small-size identification labels, rating plate labels, and PC board labels. Others print single-color primary display labels for their products, making labels with logos and illustrations that help promote their brands on the retail shelf. The Pronto! 486 can print variable information labels with logos, graphics, barcodes, nutrition facts panels, date codes, weight, size, price, part number, and other serializing or database variable information.
Barcode Printer with Built-in Ethernet & Web Server.
A built-in Ethernet server and a built-in web server is standard with every Pronto! barcode printer, allowing you to print over a network as well as monitor the status of your barcode printer remotely via the Internet and see whether it is printing, receiving data or in need of labels or ribbon (sends you a message via e-mail!)
Ideal for factory, warehouse or office.
The Pronto! 486 is a quiet addition to any office. Its die-cast aluminium build also makes it rugged enough for industrial settings where operators at workbenches print work-in-process labels or packing labels on-demand, or in a hectic shipping department, where shipping labels are printed on-demand from a warehouse management system.
Ergonomic Design, easy to operate & maintain
Quicklabels understand that you have limited workspace so they have designed both Pronto Printers to fold in the centre to lift the cover to re-load labels and ribbon. One Allen head screw removes all parts for cleaning and replacement.
High Speed, Rapid Processing & support for all major BarCodes
There’s no hesitation when the Pronto! 486 Barcode Label Printer prints variable information. With its ColdFire® CPU running at 400 MIPS at 266 MHz, data processing – speed is rapid. In combination with the 64 MB SDRAM and 8MB Flash on-board memory, time-to-print the first label out is very quick, and there will be virtually no “pauses” for buffering of data and no “data overload” for the vast majority of label print jobs so printing up to 4 inches per second! The Pronto is able to generate virtually any linear barcode symbology and 2D barcode that exists. Check out the Specifications for confirmation of the Barcode Symbology that it supports.
The Pronto! 486 is ready for system integration by virtue of a built-in Basic compiler program that allows the Pronto! to interpret incoming data and print labels written in another language. If you plan to connect your Pronto! to a device such as a scale or to add it to an existing packaging line via communication with a mainframe computer and ERP system, QuickLabel Systems will assist you by writing an interpreter for each label format. Note: this compiler is intended to translate a small number of label templates, and is not a true language emulator.
Advanced Connectivity & Expandable Memory
We have the latest connectivity available in a barcode label printer. The Pronto! 486 comes standard with two USB 2.0 accessory ports (and another for communication with the host computer). You can connect the Rewinder, Cutter and other accessories via USB. Other standard connections include the Ethernet & RS232C Serial Port and option of a wireless LAN card. Reduce label processing time for your host computer by your own USB memory stick into one of the available USB accessory ports or install a Compact Flash Card either up to 2 Gb storage and save your label file formats, images, databases, and fonts on these memory devices, where they can be rapidly retrieved during label printing.
Full Customer Support from Metromatics
The Pronto! comes with an one-year warranty. Metromatics has been selling and supporting Quicklabel Systems products in Australia and New Zealand for over 25 years. We will come to your location, install the Pronto! and train your users to start printing labels and provide you with on-going support and guidance. We also have in stock in Brisbane a large range of QuickLabel Systems Thermal Transfer Ribbons and Label Stock to support you and your product further.
- Technology: Thermal Transfer (1 spot color) and Direct Thermal
- Resolution: 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- Speed: 2 – 10 ips (51 mm – 254 mm/sec)
- Print Modes: Batch, Tear-Off, Demand/Peel, Cut and Perf/Cut (requires accessories)
- Control Panel: Illuminated, front panel keypad with Cancel, Enter, Feed, Menu, and Pause functions
- Display: Illuminated graphical 4 line x 20 character LCD display and Real-Time Clock
- Print Width: 4 mm – 104 mm; Max. Accepted Label Width (throat): 116 mm
- Print Length: 5 mm – 2000 mm
- Ribbon Roll Capacity: 500m long Outside Diameter: 210mm
- Label/Tag Requirements:
Media Sensor: Adjustable sensor moves from (5 mm – 53 mm).
Detects Gap/Notch, Reflective, and Continuous.
- Label/Tag Width: 4mm – 116mm
- Label/Tag Length: 2000mm
- Label Roll Supply Roll: 210mm OD; 38mm – 100mm ID
- Thickness: 0.07mm – 0.35mm
Barcodes and Fonts:
- Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII Indent and lead (extended Code 3 of 9), Code 93, Code 128 A, B, C, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN/UPC Appendix 2, EAN/UPC Appendix 5, FIM, GS1-128 (formerly known as UCC 128), HIBC, 13 JAN 8, Identcode (German Post Code), MSI, Plessey, Postnet, RSS 14, UPC A, UPC E, E0
- 2D Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock F, EAN-Datamatrix, Data Matrix, PDF 417, Micro PDF 417, QR-Code, RSS 14 truncated, limited, stacked and stacked omnidirectional, IUID/UID, UPS Maxicode.
- Fonts: Any TrueType® font can be downloaded; 5 bitmap and 3 vector fonts on-board
Software and Electronics:
- Printer Drivers: Windows® Vista driver standard
- Software: NiceLabel® barcode labelling software optional
- System Integration: Host protocol, Basic compiler
- Memory: 64Mb RAM, 8Mb ROM on-board. Optional: Up to 1 Tb USB drive, up to 256Gb Type 1 Compact Flash card
- Electronics: 32-bit ColdFire RISC 266 MHz, Real-Time Clock
- Connectivity: Standard: USB 2.0 (two additional USB ports for accessories), Ethernet 10/100 Base-T (10/100 Mbit/s), RS232C Serial; Optional: Wireless LAN card, IEEE 1284 Parallel adapter
Physical and Environmental:
- Dimensions: 274mm H x 242 mm W x 446 mm D
- Weight: 9 kg
- Environmental Requirements: Operate at 10° – 35° C, 30 – 85% Relative Humidity
- Power Requirements: Universal Power Supply 100 – 240 VAC (self-switching), 50/60Hz 250W max.
Compliance Standards: CE, UL/CULus, FCC Class A, RoHS, WEEE