The Acromag IP405 is a Digital Output Module which controls DC High Voltage and the off status of critical control signals.
Firstly, operation of this module is easy. Writing a “0” bit to a channel data register opens the switch to turn off a field device. Similarly, writing a “1” bit closes th switch to turn on the device. Each register can be read back to verify the value. Loopback monitoring is easily achieved by reading output states using Acromag’s IP400 Digital Input Module. This is because the two modules share the same field interface points for direct loopback compatibility. Plus, loopback monitoring with the IP400 enables self-test and diagnostics to detect system faults.
To ensure safety and control under all conditions, the output operation is “fail safe”. Therefore, all outputs are always on Power up and automatically cleared following a system software reset. Latched buffers enable the user to read back the output channel registers for verification purposes. Low drain to source ON resistance ensures TTL logic low compatibility at high currents and reduces power dissipation. Plus, individual channels sink up to 1A DC continuous.
Other Features of the Digital Output Module, High Voltage IP405 include:
- 40 digital low-side switch outputs
- 0 to 60V DC output range
- High output current (up to 1A per channel)
- True logic operation
- Low drain-to-source ON resistance
- Failsafe power-up and system reset (open outputs)
- Output state readback capability (built-in)
- 0 to 70°C (IP405) or -40 to 85°C (IP405E model)
- Latched buffers enable the user to read back the output channel registers for verification purposes.
- Loopback monitoring (with IP400) enables self-test and diagnostics to detect system faults.
- Low drain-to-source ON resistance ensures TTL logic-low compatibility at high currents and reduces power dissipation.
- Individual channels sink up to 1A DC continuous.
- No deration of output current required at high ambient temperatures.
Finally, for more information, contact us.