EtherCAT Data Acquisition
This data acquisition system also uses 100 Mbit datalink thanks to its EtherCAT protocol technology. The KRYPTON®’S fast data bus allows users to daisy-chain KRYPTON® Units together. Furthermore, at the end of the chain, the RJ45 cable plugs into the Ethernet port of your PC or 8-pin LEMO connector. As a result, it’s able to connect to powerful computers liken the Krypton CPU, SBOX R2DB, R4 or R8.
In addition to this, the EtherCAT brings another big advantage – zero configuration. This is because KRYPTON® devices do not require any complex IP setup. This is in thanks to KRYPTON®’S Dewesoft X software which automatically recognises and sets up devices.
Finally, only a single cable required for data, power, and synchronization. This cable can run up to 100 metres from module to module connecting amplifiers together.
Small & Flexible Data Acquisition
KRYPTON® data acquisition modules are small, rugged, and modular. As a result, they are perfect for field measurements in any environment and can fit perfectly in tight places near sensors. Therefore, by removing the need for cables users can save money, effort and avoid writing errors. This feature also helps users bring data acquisition closer to the origin of data, thus improving signal quality as a result.
A Robust and Rugged Build
KRYPTON® DAQ modules are robust. Their build consists of aluminium bricks and industrial-grade electronics. Additionally, thermally conductive, and electrically isolative rubber, seals the units. Finally, a rubber band around the KRYPTON chassis further protects it from rolex oyster perpetual date 15223 unisex automatic 34 mm steel yellow gold shocks. As a result, it’s waterproof, shockproof and can withstand shocks up to 100G. Furthermore, the KRYPTON® can also operate in extremely harsh environments. For example, operating temperatures can span from -40°C to +85°C.
Features of the Dewesoft KRYPTON® EtherCAT Data Acquisition System
Distributed DAQ: KRYPTON® DAQ modules bring data acquisition closer to sensors and distribute DAQ modules down to a single input channel.
- EtherCAT DAQ: EtherCAT protocol with 100Mb bus speed is used for data transmission, data synchronisation, and power supply. Krypton units use a single cable to connect to data, power, and synchronisation.
- Up to 100m Between Units: KRYPTON® units can distribute over a large area – up to 100 metres between DAQ nodes.
- Rugged IP67: All KRYPTON® modules are rugged and have IP67 protection. Built for extreme weather and harsh environments.
- 1, 3, 4, 8, and 16 Channel Units: KRYPTON DAQ modules are available in various configurations spanning from tiny single-channel units up to bigger 16-channel units. Instruments can distribute devices down to a single channel.
- Up To 40 kHz/CH Sampling Rate: Multi-channel KRYPTON DAQ modules can achieve a sampling rate of up to 20 kS/second and KRYPTON ONE single channel up to 40 kS/second per channel.
- High Shock Protection: KRYPTON Modules offer high shock protection according to SIS EN 60068-2-27:2009 – 100g. 6ms. Half-sine, 100x pos./neg. in each axis, 600x total.
- Wide Temperature Range: KRYPTON® Modules operate from -40 to +85°C.
- Universal Analog Inputs: Universal analog inputs are available that can accept voltage, IEPE, RTD, Resistance and full/half/quarter bridge signals natively. In addition, input modes such as charge, thermocouples, RTD, current, and LVDT signals are supported with DSI adapters.
- Software Included With Free Lifetime Upgrades: Easy to use & very robust. DewesoftX software included. The software comes with lifetime free upgrades and no hidden costs, bringing you intuitive configuration, smart sensors, advanced storage, and analysis capabilities.
KRYPTON Amplifier Modules
There are two types of families of KRYPTON devices:
KRYPTON ONE are single channel I/O Modules. Firstly, the smallest IP67 DAQ Module world wide that fit into a pocket. Therefore, ideal for those applications where modules need to be installed right next to the sensor in tight spaces.
KRYPTON ONE offers high end signal conditioning. Including a 24-bit Sigma-delta ADC with up to 40 kS/s per channel sampling rate. All analog modules are fully galvanically isolated.
KRYPTON MULTI are multi-channel I/O modules. Firstly, available in single or double width. Dependent on the type and number of input amplifiers. KRYPTON multi-channel devices use 24-bit Sigma-delta ADC and offer up to 20 kS/s per channel sampling rate.
To get the technical breakdown of the signal conditioning units and other components of the KRYPTON® products, click more information. Otherwise contact us, we would love to chat to you about this great product.
Finally, Metromatics proudly sell, service and support the Dewesoft product range in Australia and New Zealand.