The Acromag AP512 Series is a Quad Port Serial Communication Module and enables efficient data processing through the four RS422b Serial ports.
Firstly, the AP512 Series is based on the Acromag AcroPack® product line, which has a PCIe interface format. AcroPack® offers products in a compact size, at a low cost with the same functionality and memory map of existing Industry Pack Modules in a rugged form factor. Also they are RoHS compliant.
Secondly, to conduct more efficient data processing, each serial port has a 256-character FIFO buffers on the transmit and receive lines. The data ports generate individually controlled transmit, receive, line status and data set interrupts. All interrupts can be read from a single register.
Finally, the AP512 modules are 70mm long and only 19.05mm longer than a full length mini PCIe card. It contains a down facing connector which internally routes I/O signals through the carrier card to secure field connectors. Therefore, eliminating loose cables and increasing reliability.
Features of Quad Port Serial Communication Module AP512 includes:
- Four asynchronous, full duplex RS422B serial ports (supports RS485)
- Ports are isolated to 250V from digital and 100V from each other
- 256-byte transmit FIFO buffers, 256-byte receive FIFO buffers
- As well as programmable baud rate (up to 16Mbps)
- Line-break and false start-bit detection
- Failsafe receivers
- 16550 compatible register set
- High-density design lowers per-port costs and saves IP carrier card slots for other functions
- 256-byte FIFO buffers minimize
- CPU interaction for improved system performance
- Extended temperatures deliver dependable operation in extreme conditions
Finally, for more information, contact us.