The industry’s first 3.0 USB MIL-STD-1553 SuperSpeed Multi-channel and/or ARINC-429 appliance! 1-2 1553 Dual Redundant Channels and/or 8 ARINC-429 Channels (4 RX/TX and 4 RX) Supports ARINC-717 (shared with 429 channels)
Alta Data Technologies (Alta) has released an innovative USB MIL-STD-1553 (1553) and ARINC-429 product: USB-MA4. Firstly, this product connects notebooks, desk-tops and servers with 1553 and ARINC networks via USB 3.0 SuperSpeed – A first in the industry. Secondly, the USB-MA4, which is about the size of a deck of cards. Provides 1-2 dual redundant 1553 channels, and/or 8 ARINC-429 channels. In addition, to 1553/ARINC full RX/TX message controls, USB-MA4 can generate or capture (o-scope) raw bus signals for protocol and electrical troubleshooting. Also the USB-MA4 is available now for immediate delivery.
Finally, the USB-MA4 is the latest peripheral interconnect technology for 1553 and ARINC avionics buses (networks). A USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 1553/ARINC product has been eagerly anticipated in the market. Because the current USB 2.0 interfaces can have serious throughput issues. Along with real-time Ethernet (ENET) converter and Thunderbolt appliances, and industry-leading interface cards, Alta now has the most complete 1553 and ARINC product offering. In addition, with the flexible, layered SDK, AltaAPI, and AltaView Windows analyser, customers can quickly integrate the USB-MA4 for their avionics application. Therefore, for most applications, the customer can port existing Alta applications to the USB-MA4 product with little or no code changes.
- Firstly, USB 3.0 (backward compatible to slow 2.0)
- Secondly, 1-2 Dual Redundant Independent 1553 Buses (variable voltage optional) and/or 8 ARINC Channels: 4 RX/TX & 4 RX
- In addition, Signal 0-Scope on First 1553 Channel and First 2 ARINC RX Channels
- USB 3.0 5V @ 3A. Idle 3.6W. 100% Load 10W. USB 2.0 Connections Must Provide Full Power.
- Temp (C): 0-70 Operating; -55 to +120 Storage
- Transmit Inhibit Optional and NVRAM Flash Disable Optional
- 6 SE Avionics Discrete, One RS-485 Discrete, TTL Clock, Triggers, IRIG-B DC, or PAM RX
- Single Application Only. Polling Interrupts
- Dual Temp Sensors
- Approx: 110 x 89 x 17 mm including mounting plate
- Other Windows Applications May Affect Throughput Performance. Recommend TBOLT, ENETs or Interface Cards for Moderate to Fast Bus Applications.
Alta Data is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics. Contact us now!