The FUTEK IDA100 is a USB Strain Gauge Amplifier with Digital and Analog Outputs.
Firstly, the function of a load cell amplifier circuit is to capture the signal from the load cell or torque sensor. Then convert it into a higher level electrical signal. However, to do so the mV/V signal output goes through four different signal conditioning steps.
1. Excitation Voltage: Full bridge load cells or torque sensors require an excitation voltage. This is from the Wheatstone bridge amplifier. Which feeds the strain gage Wheatstone bridge and generates an output signal as a ratio of the input excitation voltage.
2. Filtering: Noise needs to be filtered out before an accurate signal can be captured. This is because analog sensor signals are susceptible to electrical noise and ripple voltage which skews measurements.
3. Amplification: A Data Acquisition system or PLC is limited to measuring volts. So there is a need for a strain gage amplifier to converter millivolts to a larger signal.
4. Signal Conversion: Most full bridge load cells and force measurement sensors generate an analog output in millivolts (mV/V). However, PLC or Data Acquisition Systems requires amplified analog such as 4-20mA, 0-10VDC. Or possibly a Digital Output such as USB, SPI.
Therefore, the load cell or torque sensor needs a strain gage signal conditioner to convert the mV/V signal to the required signal output.
Finally, for more information, contact us.
Other outstanding features include:
- USB 2.0 Communication Link – Digital Load Cell Amplifier
- USB Bus-Powered (5V)
- Input/Output Short circuit protection
- Long noise analog output value of 12 mVp-p
- User selectable sampling rates from 5-4800 SPS
- Software selectable excitation voltages of 5 VDC and 10 VDC
- 35mm DIN Rail Clip
USB Strain Gauge Amplifier with Digital and Analog Outputs IDA100
|Output Type||Input Type||Mounting Type||Height in cm||Length in cm||Width in cm|
|Display, USB VDC||mV/V||Din Rail Inline||9 cm||8.43 cm||3.28 cm||IP20|
|QSH01779||Display, USB VDC||mV/V||Din Rail Inline||9 cm||8.43 cm||3.28 cm|