The Battery Box BB350A securely houses batteries that back up a ship’s main and other supplies. These batteries are maintenance free and built in accordance with BS 6290 Part 4 (1997). They also have a 7 to 10 year service life at 20°C. To top things off, these batteries are also high integrity valve regulated lead acid cells with a nominal 24 volt, continuous float. As a result, they recharge at a range of 27.0V to 27.6V and have a nominal battery rating of 350Ah at 20°C.
The battery box is a custom steel enclosure. It measures 1175mm x 850mm x 454.5mm and mounts on shock mounts with top steadies. It also has an IP23 protection level and a front mounting panel meter that indicates lamps and double pole ON/OFF switch S1. Furthermore, louvres located on the front mounting panel meters allow for cooling by natural convection.
Finally, electrical connections to and from the Battery Box occur on M8 (x1.25) studs for the main connections and to a terminal block for remote sense indications. An M10 external earth stud is also provided.
Features of Battery Box BB350A Include:
- Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries
- Nominal voltage: 24V
- Nominal capacity 350Ah
- 12 batteries (6 parallel strings of 2)
- Capacity (20hr rate) 390Ah
- End of discharge cut off: 20V
- Specified lifetime 7-10yrs at 20°C.
- Recommended normal operating temperature range 20 to 25degC
- Nominal output voltage 24
- VDC Battery charging float voltage 27.4VDC (Temperature Compensated)
- Nominal output current 166A
- Fitted with 250A circuit breaker
- Fabricated mild steel folded and welded for strength. Deck mounted, top steadies. Lifting eyes.
- dimensions: 1175 x 850 x 454.5; weight: 449kg
- Designed to withstand, ship motion due to sea action, weather, accelerations and velocities deriving from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
For more information, contact us.