The Nova Integration Solutions 3000 Series consists of a family of custom and standard ATR Chassis. They also support highly rugged and MIL spec applications required by the Defence and Aerospace markets. The Series provides a full set of packaging features. Ideally suited to meet the demands of high-performance ground-based applications that must operate in difficult environments or by flight vehicles that operate at high altitudes.
Hence, three (3) classes of product are provided. Also they are classified by the type of cooling technology utilised. Standard products exist that can be further customised. The Series 3000 Reference ATR Chassis Design Specifications can be downloaded to include individual data sheets on each product.
- Machined aluminium (aerospace grade 6061-T6) housing with formed sheet metal (aluminum 5032-H32) internal structures and brackets
- Carbon fibre, composites and advanced materials optional and used as necessary
- Dip braised (optional)
- Chemical film per MIL-C-5541, Class 3, Gold Colour (standard)
- Customer defined MIL-Spec painting and silk screen or engraving
- Supported sizes include the standard ARINC 404A ATR
- Custom non-standard dimensions are easily adapted from reference designs
- Removable and customisable front I/O panels
- Extensive use of captive hardware
- Cleanable air filters on all air intakes (where applicable)
- Hard mount, cold plate, ARINC shock tray and custom mounting
- All Eurocard backplanes supported
- CompactPCI (cPCI)
- VME and VME64x (ANSI/VITA 1.1-1997)
- VXS (ANSI/VITA 41)
- VPX (VITA 46), OpenVPX (VITA 65) and VPX REDI (VITA 48)
- Hybrid, custom and semi-custom configurations designed and fabricated in house.
- 3U or 6U backplane and plug in boards
- Convection or conduction cooled boards.
- 8”, 0.85”, 1” and mixed board pitch supported
NIS specialises in advanced cooling technologies with the ability to cool up to 200W per slot depending on cooling technology and operating environment.
|Class 3000||Convection cooling|
|Class 3100||Conduction cooling|
|Class 3200||Hybrid cooling (utilises conduction cooled chassis with external air plenums and fans)|
|VDC Input||12V, 24V, 28V, 48V, 72V and 270V nominal input|
|VAC Input||110VAC , 220VAC or autoranging47-440Hz aircraft power support
3-phase power input support
|Custom||Custom configurations can be produced in collaboration with parent company Technology Dynamics, Inc.|
|EMI Filtering||MIL-STD-461 compliant EMI filters produced by sister company Nova Electric are included with all ATRs. Custom and semi-custom configurations available.|
|Voltage Holdup||MIL-STD-704 voltage hold up available as an option|
Please visit individual product pages to see which models exceed these specifications.
Temperature ranges vary by model and if heater option is selected
|Humidity||MIL-STD-810F / RTCA/DO-160F|
|Altitude||MIL-STD-810F, up to 40,000ft (operating)
MIL-STD-810F, up to 60,000ft. (non-operating)
|Inclination||0° to 30° in any axis|
- Fighter Jet
- Commercial aircraft
- Prop and Turbo prop aircraft
For further information on ATR Chassis, please contact us.