The Helicopter Starting Rectifier 3RC10KF powers and provides power supply to helicopter starter motors and aircraft on-board equipment. This unit has three basic modes of operation. They include:
- Powering the starter motor of a helicopter
- Providing a 28VDC supply to aircraft on-board equipment
- Providing an 18.2VDC supply for turning the helicopter turbo shaft engine at reduced speed for compressor washing
In addition the above, the Helicopter Starting Rectifier 3RC10KF also provides a high quality 28V regulated output along with a two stage current limit protection circuit. As a result, a short time rating of 2000A and continuous rating of 360A is also possible.
A custom steel enclosure designed for deck mounting houses this unit. As a result it can withstand shock levels up to 30g. Please note this unit requires suitable shock mounts shock levels above 30g. In addition to having a high shock level threshold, this unit also has an IP23 protection level. Maintenance is easy thanks to a hinged door that opens 1800. The door also contains indicating lamps for supply available, the anti condensation heater, output and an ON/OFF switch. Finally louvres on the front and sides along with a shielded vent on the top of the unit provide fan assisted cooling during normal operation. Furthermore, natural convection cooling is also possible when Anti Condensation Heaters are operating.
Soft Start System
This unit employs a soft start system by ensuring the inrush current is less than the full load current. The TRU also comes with an input isolation transformer and a 12 pulse thyristor rectifier.
A soft start system is employed such that the input inrush current is less than the full load current. The TRU has an input isolation transformer and a 12 pulse thyristor rectifier configured as two fully controlled bridges combined in parallel by an interphase transformer. As a result, a very smooth DC output is produced eliminating all harmonics below the 11th from the input current waveform as a result. Finally, the input current to the equipment is close to sinusoidal with a “traditional” lagging power factor (dependent on loading and mains voltage).
Rail-mounted terminals provide electrical connections to and from the Transformer Rectifier Unit for supply, heater, remote and sense connections. Furthermore M12 bolt connections provide the output. Terminals inside the cubicle are accessible through a cable gland plate on the bottom of the enclosure. Finally, a M10 (x 1.5) external earth stud is also provided adjacent to the gland plate, on the bottom of the enclosure.
Features of Helicopter Starting Rectifier 3RC10KF Include:
- Enclosure fabricated from mild steel folded and welded for strength. Deck mounted, top steadies. Lifting eyes
- Dimensions: 1200 x 640 x 560 mm
- Weight: 365kg
- IP23 Ingress Level Protection
- Naturally cooled via louvres. Fan assisted by two speed fans.
- Low fire hazard
- M10 external earth stud included
- Designed to meet the vibration requirements of DGS 350
- Withstands ship motion due to the sea action, weather as well as accelerations and velocities from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
For more information, contact us.