Helicopter Starting Rectifier 3RC15KE is for shipboard Helicopter start applications. There are three basic modes of operation:
- Powering the starter motor of a helicopter
- Providing a 28VDC supply to aircraft on-board equipment
- Providing an 18.2V DC supply for turning the helicopter turbo shaft engine at reduced speed for compressor washing.
The 3RC15KE also provides a high quality 28V regulated output with a two stage current limit protection circuit that allows for a short time rating of 3000A and a continuous rating of 540A.
In addition to the qualities listed above, this helicopter rectifier comes with a custom steel enclosure that deck mounts. It also has an IP23 protection level and can withstand shock levels of up to 12 grams. The steel enclosure also contains a contactor which controls the output to the flight deck. Furthermore, a front hinged door provides maintenance access and contains indicating lamps for supply available, anti condensation heater on, output on, and the ON/OFF switch. Finally louvres on the front and sides along with a shielded vent provide fan assisted cooling during normal operation. Additionally, natural convection cooling kicks in when the anti condensation heaters are operating.
The soft start system allows the input inrush current to be less than the full load current. Additionally, the TRU has an input isolation transformer and a 12 pulse thyristor rectifier – two fully controlled bridges combined in parallel by an interphase transformer. This results in a very smooth DC output therefore eliminating all harmonics below the 11th from the input current waveform.
The input current to the equipment is close to sinusoidal and has a “traditional” lagging power factor dependent on the loading and mains voltage. Additionally, the electrical connections to and from the Transformer Rectifier Unit for supply, heat, remote and sense connections are made on rail-mounted terminals.
Finally, an M12 bolt connection provides the output. These terminals are on the inside the cubicle. An M10 (x 1.5) external earth stud is also provided.
Features of the Helicopter Starting Rectifier 3RC15KE Include:
- 440 volts 3 phase 3 wire 60Hz in accordance with STANAG 1008 Edition 8
- Enclosure built from fabricated mild steel folded and welded for strength. Deck mounted, top steadies. Lifting eyes.
- Dimensions: 1385 x 640 x 715 mm
- Weight: 564kg
- IP23 Ingress Level Protection
- Naturally cooled via louvers
- Front maintenance – Hinged door for access
- Low fire hazard
- M10 external earth stud
- Designed to meet shipboard vibration requirements
- Withstands ship motion due to sea action as well as accelerations and velocities deriving from ship manoeuvres.
For more information, contact us.