The Acromag 4683 is a RS-485 to RS-485 Network Repeater.
Firstly, it takes full advantage of the RS-485 extended communication distances and multi dropping capabilities. In addition, it offers field selectable end of line network terminations on both the A and B Networks.
Secondly, up to 32 RS-485 devices can be driven and operation is transparent to all devices. It can be mounted on any base plate or installed a NEMA Enclosure. Installation consists of mounting, connecting to power, cables and setting the baud rate.
The repeater has RS-485 “Sides” A and B. The A side typically connects to the network towards the host and the B side connects to the extended network. Both sides are equal. Repeaters receive AC power through a 3 screw terminal strip. Whilst, transient signal protection is provided on both RS-485 sides. However, when both RS-485 lines are ideal, each side is in receive mode. When it is started on either side, the opposite side’s transmitter is enabled. The transmitter stays enabled for one character’s time (based on the baud rate switch setting). The received character is then passed through.
Features of the RS-485 to RS-485 Network Repeater 4683 include:
- Designed for use with Johnson Controls N2 or BACnet bus.
- I/O signal isolation. No handshaking. No extra control lines.
- Baud rates of 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19.2K, 38.4K, and 76.8K are switch selectable.
- Field-selectable end-of-line network terminations on both A and B sides.
- Electrical transient protection is provided.
- This protects the host computer from destructive noise spikes and other transient signals.
- Status LED’s indicate transmission direction and power applied
- 115V, 230V, and 24V AC power models available
Finally, for more information, contact us.