Sound Quality Measurement
When assessing the overall quality of the product, the quality of sound is becoming increasingly important. Therefore, you can now assess the sound appeal of products. With ease and take sound design to the next level with the product mentioned below.
The Dewesoft sound quality system is a perfect example of applied psychoacoustics. Firstly, this is where software and hardware are working seamlessly together. Secondly, this ultimately brings unmatched user experience and measurement results. This system includes these elements:
- Award-winning Dewesoft X data acquisition software,
- Dewesoft X Sound Quality plugin
- SIRIUS mini DAQ system and
- Class 1 quarter inch microphone.
The Dewesoft Sound Quality enables a real-time and post-time analysis of any sound source. It also adds the calculation of Loudness (according to ISO 532-1 and ISO 532-2) and Normal equal-loudness-level contours (accordance with ISO 226).
- LOUDNESS CALCULATION: calculation according to ISO 532-1 and ISO 532-2: Acoustics – Methods for calculating loudness – Zwicker method and Moore-Glasberg method
- NORMAL EQUAL-LOUDNESS-LEVEL CONTOURS: calculation according to and based on ISO 226 standard
- SHARPNESS CALCULATION: sharpness is calculated from specific loudness, which is determined according to ISO 532-1 and ISO 532-2 standards
- ARTICULATION INDEX, EXTENDED: Evaluation of speech perception while other sounds are present
- SPEECH INTELLIGIBILITY: a metric for evaluation of speech intelligibility
- NOISE RATING (NR): used in Europe for rating indoor noise sources
- NOISE CRITERION (NC): used in the USA for rating indoor noise sources
- MONAURAL AND BINAURAL ANALYSIS: select the desired measurement method before measuring or measure both at the same time
- TIME-VARYING AND STATIONARY SIGNALS SUPPORT: no limits when it comes to different use cases
- REAL-TIME AND POST ANALYSIS: calculation of metrics is supported in real-time as well as in post-analysis
- EXPAND: bundled with the award-winning Dewesoft X data acquisition and analysis software which leaves you open to unlimited measurement and analysis possibilities
- FUTURE-PROOF AND TRUSTED: In conclusion, lifetime free software upgrades and support – our solutions are constantly being improved.
- POWERFUL DAQ SYSTEM: bundled with the SIRIUS DAQ system featuring dual 24-bit DualCoreADC® with a 200 kHz sampling rate per channel. Amplifiers offer low noise and full isolation for the best signal quality. SIRIUS DAQ systems offer a high dynamic range of 160 dB.
- ADDITIONAL ANALOGUE INPUTS: more analog inputs are available than required for monaural or binaural sound quality analysis
Sound quality testing is an important design concept. Plus it is for anyone who wants to evaluate and improve the audio quality of:
- machinery, appliances or assemblies,
- vehicles and their individual parts, components, and subassemblies
- or any other product, emitting sound to make it perceived as right or desirable to the user. The testing is applied in:
- Automotive Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH), automotive designs, including components
- Electronic devices, such as loudspeakers, microphones, amplifiers or headphones
- Domestic appliances, e.g. lawnmowers, refrigerators, computers
|More Information||Contact Us|
or download the brochure on Sound Quality Measurement link here