The Acromag IP236A-8 is an Analog Output Industry Pack Module with a 16 bit D/A Converter and FIFO Memory Buffers to enhance control over the transfer of data to the DAC. It produces highly accurate analog voltage signals which drive 8 devices. However, when it is used with a carrier card that holds four IP modules, up to 32 voltage outputs can be achieved from a single card cage slot.
Firstly, each output channel has its own 16-bit D/A converter (Digital Analog Converter or DAC). Individual DACs are fast. They also eliminate glitches caused by re-acquisition process of sample and holds found on multiplexed output boards. Each channel has a dedicated 128 sample FIFO buffer and its own clock. A start trigger transfers digital values from the buffer to the DAC. Three modes offer several choices for the data transfer on each channel.
Continuous mode cycles data through the buffer for a given channel and is ideal for waveform generation. As new data loads into the FIFO, the output signal instantly updates without stopping the waveform. Single mode moves one value from the buffer to the converter for each trigger. External trigger mode synchronises channel conversions to an event or other IP236A-8 modules.
Features of the 16-Bit D/A Converter with Analog Output IP236A-8 include:
- 8 analog voltage outputs
- Individual 16-bit D/A converter on each channel
- Individual clock on each channel supporting rates of up to 100KHz
- FIFO memory buffers (128 samples/channel)
- Software, external, or internal timer triggers
- Interrupt capability
- External trigger output
- Extended temperature option (-40 to 85°C)
- FIFO buffers enable “on-the-fly” changes to the output waveform as new data is received
- Internally-stored calibration coefficients ensure accuracy
- Independent control of each channel enables individual updates and unique conversion rates
Finally, for more information, contact us.