The ITS Model 6055C-4 is a 4 channel IRIG Video Inserter. The insertion of IRIG Time messages and positioning of alarm messages are done via the keyboard and/or the RS-232 or Ethernet ports.
Firstly, 20 discrete control inputs (5 per channel), enable the alarm messages with either a TTL level or a contact closure. If the IRIG B time input is lost the 6055C-4 automatically switches to an internal real time clock. Another feature of this product is that it can be used as a Countdown Clock. Set up is by the Keyboard or remotely which is controlled by two discrete TTL Inputs. All the other operators set up functions is achieved by the front panel LCD Display.
Secondly, the 6055C-4 has two modes of insertion; constant contrast and white with black boarder. Both are independently selectable. Inserted messages are composed from a 96 character ASCII set. The characters are formed on a 7×9 or 5×7 pixel format. A size multiplier 2x horizontal and 2x vertical is also individually selectable. For example, when operating with NTSC or RS170 and with 7×9 character format selected, a full character field of 22 lines to 60 characters each is possible. If the X2 horizontal is selected 22 lines of 30 characters and if x2 horizontal and x2 vertical is selected than the field is reduced to 11 lines of 30 characters. The data encode function allows for the encoding of time and selected text independently into each video channel. Data may be “machine read” using ITS Model 6042 and 6142A decoders.
Finally, this unit is house in a 2u Rack mountable aluminium enclosure. It measures 48.26cm wide x 8.89cm high x 38.1cm long and powered by 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz.
Features of the 4 Channel IRIG Video Inserter 6055C-4 include:
- Decodes and inserts IRIG B time message into 4 asynchronous video signals
- Also generates and inserts up to 1920 text characters into each video channel
- Inserts countdown clock, synchronized with applied IRIG B time signals
- Provides 20 discrete event/alarm inputs where messages are programmable
- As well as two fonts, each with horizontal and vertical size selection
- Independent insertion of machine readable digital information using left edge encoding method on each video Independent insertion of boresight on each video channel
- 80-character backlit LCD display, displays time, status and operator setup prompting
- RS-232C and ethernet ports provides means for remote control and annotation of display
- Detachable keyboard for operator to format and display locally
- Accepts RS170, NTSC, S-Video Input or PAL
Finally, for more information, contact us.
Lastly, EON Instrumentation purchased the ITS Product line of HD-SDI and Analog Video Inserters, Time Code Generators & Displays, Video Recorders, Encoders and Controllers. Firstly, this will expand their current Video System Architecture product line to include flight test through mission system production. Also, manufactured and customised under EON’s AS9100D Quality System in the USA