The EON Instrumentation Model 6520 is a rugged HD-SDI Uncompressed Video Recorder and Inserter. Firstly, it captures and plays uncompressed SDI Video. The source may be 720p, 1080p at 25, 30 and 60 frames/sec. It detects the SDI inputs and synchronises them automatically. It can also by monitored live whilst recording less than 8 microseconds of in-out latency.
Most importantly, the 6520D-32 can insert VANC KLV metadata including the MISB Microsecond timestamp, overlay text and cross hairs during recording or playback. All timestamps offer 4 microseconds of accuracy using a selected GPS or IRIG time reference.
Secondly, the user may design a custom metadata KLV key using the ITS KLV Software Toolkit. There are three modes of recording possible; Event record (ER) to DDR3 (Volatile); ER to DDR3 and save event clips to removable SSD (non-volatile) or Continuous record (CR to the removable SSD2. All modes capture uncompressed SDI video at native resolution and frame rate received.
When in Event Record mode, the recorder will continuously record to DDR3 the number of frames set by the user (up to 60,000) in a loop. However, when an event is triggered, the 6520 will stop recording after the number of post frames set by the user has been captured. The clip data may be played back from the DDR3 as a SDI to the output video port or saved to SSD as a clip.
DownloadVideo (6520-DLK) Software package downloads clips remotely from the SSD. Processes them into 4:2:2 10-bit sample data unmodified from what was delivered by the camera. It can also transcode raw video to WMV, AVI or MP4 formats.
There are several other options available such as removable SSD, Camera sync options.
Features of the HD-SDI Uncompressed Video Recorder 6520D-32 include:
- I-Observe Uncompressed HD-SD Video Recorder with a 32GB embedded DDR3 for event recording
- Removable SSD slot
- Rugged shelf mount version intended to survive vehicle and airborne environments
- Supported by an embedded webserver user interface (except Metadata)
- As well as full functional control is provided with a GUI
- Full command set that a customer can use to build custom control software
- Includes MISB timestamp write/read/overlay
- Support for up to 2 additional KLV metadata packs designed with the ITS Software Toolkit (included)
- Clips can be viewed (SDI), stepped directly or downloaded using the Download Video Software (sold separately)
- Input Power: 20-36 VDC input power; may be ordered with 115/240VAC 50/60 Hz input power by substituting A for D in the part number.
- Option: Add Camera Sync Tri-level Sync (e.g. Genlock) to synchronize camera picture taking. Includes S3 option CS includes a programmable TTL strobe output that may be used with data acquisition systems