The Acromag PMC-SLX is a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA Module with pluggable I/O.
Firstly, high speed memory banks and dual port SRAM ensure efficient data handling and DMA transfers to the bus or CPU. The PCI-X interface ensures fast data throughput. The 64 I/O lines are accessible through the rear (J4) connector.
Secondly, additional I/O processing is available and supported on a separate mezzanine card the plugs into the PMC FPGA base board. Plus a range of external AXM I/O cards are available to interface analog and digital I/O signals.
A conduction cooled version is available with an optional extended temperature model that operates reliably from -40° to 85°C. The Acromag Engineering Kit provides software utilities and example VHDL to help simplify the process. A JTAG interface enables on-board VHDL debugging.
Features of the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA PMC-SLX include:
- Reconfigurable Spartan-6 FPGA with 147,433 logic cells
- PCI-X bus 100MHz 64-bit interface
- 256k x 64-bit dual-port SRAM provides direct links from the PCI bus and to FPGA (optional 1M x 64-bit)
- Supports both front and rear I/O connections
- 64 I/O or 32 LVDS lines direct to FPGA via rear (J4) connector
- Plug-in I/O extension modules are available for front mezzanine
- FPGA code loads from PCI-X bus or from flash memory
- Other memory options available (call factory)
- Supports dual DMA channel data transfer to CPU/bus
- Support for Xilinx ChipScope™ Pro interface
- Designed for conduction-cooled host card or -40 to 85°C operation in air-cooled systems
Finally, for more information, contact us.