This application note was provided by our valued supplier FUTEK
Application Summary on Trackpad / Touch Pad Test Stand
A system is defined by its weakest link. Even something as small as the sensitivity of a trackpad is scrutinised to make sure it delivers optimal performance to the end user. In this application, FUTEK’s LSB200 is fixed onto a testing actuator to record tactile feedback, run cycle test and quantify the force required to stimulate touch pad response.
Products in Use
Jr. Miniature S-Beam Load Cell (LSB200) paired with Instrumentation (USB220)
How it works
- Trackpads / Touchpads are a common feature of desktop computers and laptops.
- FUTEK’s LSB200 is fixed onto a testing actuator to quantify the force required to stimulate touchpad / trackpad response.
- During R&D, a test stand can be set up to record the force of pressing and dragging motion of a finger in relation of the position on trackpad.
- During quality checking processes, the gantry setup can be automated to inspect each trackpad to make sure the tactile feedbacks of a trackpad are within tolerance.
- These force measures can be streamed to a computer for control and analysis utilising FUTEK’s USB Solutions.
For further information contact us.