This application note on the Touch Pad Test was provided by our valued supplier FUTEK and had been adapted for our blog.
Application Summary on Trackpad / Touch Pad Test Stand
It’s the weakest link that defines a whole system. It is important to scrutinise something. as small as the sensitivity of a trackpad in order to ensure it delivers optimal performance to the end user. For example, in this application FUTEK fixed the LSB200 onto a testing actuator to record tactile feedback. FUTEK also used the LSB200 to run cycle test and quantify the force required to stimulate touch pad response.
Products in Use
Jr. Miniature S-Beam Load Cell (LSB200) paired with Instrumentation (USB220)
How it works
- Trackpads / Touchpads are a common feature of desktop computers and laptops.
- A testing actuator holds FUTEK’s LSB200 in place. As a result, users can quantify the force required to stimulate touchpad / trackpad response.
- During R&D, a test stand can be set up to record the force of pressing and dragging motion of a finger in relation of the position on trackpad.
- Automate the gantry setup to inspect each track pad during the quality checking process. As a result, users can ensure the tactile feedbacks of the trackpad are within tolerance.
- Users can stream the force measures to. a computer for control and analysis thanks to FUTEK’s USB solutions.
Finally, for further information on this application, contact us.