Dual NVIDIA® Quadro® Pascal™ P5000, 12.4 TFLOPS, 8 Video Outputs
The WOLF VPX6U-P5000-DUAL-VO graphics module uses two advanced NVIDIA® Quadro® PascalTM 16nm GPUs. This rugged Pascal-based board includes eight DisplayPort 1.4 outputs, which provides support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video, and resolutions of 4K at 120Hz or 5K at 60Hz with 10-bit colour depth
P5000 Quadro Pascal P5000 is an enormous leap in processing power compared to the previous generation Maxwell M5000SE. Each GPU can provide up to 6.2 TFLOPS of CUDA processing at a modest operating power, providing a huge improvement to 62 GFLOPS/Watt, making it an excellent choice for aerospace and defence applications. With its impressive processing power the board excels at data processing which benefits from advanced parallel processing, such as video stabilisation, image processing, terrain analysis, object tracking or 3D visualization of geospatial data.
Quadro Pascal GPU architecture also provides a more powerful Unified Memory feature. Pascal’s larger virtual memory address space enable GPUs to access the entire system memory plus the memory of all GPUs in the system, while the on-demand page migration engine allows the system to migrate pages from anywhere in the system to the GPU’s memory for efficient processing. This improved memory handling results in significantly improved algorithm efficiency.
The board implements PCIe x16 Gen3, with a flexible, highly configurable PCIe interface, supporting a variety of OpenVPX profiles and enabling a broad range of bridge link configurations.
The rugged VPX6U-P5000-DUAL-VO board includes air-cooled and conduction-cooled options. For additional options contact Metromatics to discuss MCOTS and custom design services.
Key Features VPX6U-P5000-DUAL-VO Graphics Module
- Dual NVIDIA P5000, 12.4 TFLOPS GPGPU Engine
- 8 independent DisplayPort 1.4 outputs
- 32 GB GDDR5 memory with NVIDIA GPUDirect™ DMA technology
- PCIe x16 Gen3
- Operating power configurable hard cap: 80 – 200W
- Up to 8 DisplayPort 1.4 digital video outputs:
- support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video
- 4K at 120Hz or 5K at 60Hz with 10-bit colour depth
- Pascal GPGPU parallel processing:
- 4096 CUDA® cores
- CUDA Toolkit 9, CUDA Compute version 6.1
- OpenCL™ 1.2, DirectX® 12, OpenGL 4.5, Vulkan 1.0
- Memory width: 256-bit to each GPU
- Maximum memory bandwidth: 192 GB/s to each GPU
- NVENC/NVDEC accelerator for HEVC (H.265) and AVC (H.264) hardware encode/decode
- Windows and Linux drivers
- High level of ruggedisation:
- Rugged air-cooled or conduction-cooled
- Operating temperature: -40° to +71°C
- Vibration (sine wave): 10G peak, 5 – 2000Hz
- Shock: 40G peak for conduction-cooled, 30G peak for air-cooled
- Front I/O and Rear I/O configurations
- Supported VPX configurations:
- VPX-REDI (ANSI/VITA 48.x)
- OpenVPX (ANSI/VITA 65)
The WOLF-2118 6U VPX Module is currently in production as a COTS product with configurable options. Contact Metromatics to discuss your customisation or MCOTS
WOLF Advanced Technology designs and manufactures rugged VPX, XMC, and MXM/MXC modules for video capture, process, display, and AI inference. Solutions are designed to operate in harsh aerospace and defence environments.