This application note on Medical Bag Weighing has been supplied by our valued supplier FUTEK.
Application Summary on Medical Bag Weighing
In IV or saline bag weighing, high-precision, In-Line load cells are needed. For this application, FUTEK’s LSB200 Jr. Miniature S-Beam Load Cell will measure the tension force applied by an IV bag.
Products in use
LSB200 Miniature S-Beam Jr. Load Cell paired with Instrumentation (IPM650, IHH500, USB Solutions, or IAA Amplifiers).
How it Works
- Laboratory equipment, such as dialysis machines or patient monitoring devices, often use test and measurement products either within the machinery or for quality testing.
- In this illustration, FUTEK’s LSB200 Miniature S-Beam Jr. Load Cell has been mounted to the fixture frame of the IV bag weighing apparatus.
- Utilising a LSB200 accessory hook, the IV bag can then be anchored to the load cell.
- The LSB200, equipped with built-in overload protection, will then measure the tensile force applied, streaming the data to any of the following instruments: IAA Amplifiers, IHH500, IPM650 or USB Solutions.
- If utilising either of FUTEK’s digital displays or USB solutions, options exist for technicians to record results, log and graph data with SENSIT Test and Measurement Software.
For further information, contact us.