Looking for a simple, low cost way to monitor temperatures inside an enclosure ?
Acromag’s ST132-0600 temperature transmitter is compact, inexpensive and provides a loop powered 4-20mA output and is able to monitor temperatures inside an enclosure.
Acromag’s ST132-0600 Thermocouple/Millivolt Input 2-Wire Transmitter a tiny, puckstyle unit is only 4.5cm in diametre and easily scaled for -40 to 80°C input.
Just mount the transmitter inside your panel and jumper short the input terminals to measure ambient temperature without a sensor. Then wire the 4-20mA output to your PLC, DCS, Controller, or Recorder. You now have a low cost box temperature sensor with 4-20mA output proportional to -40 to 80°C inside the box. No thermocouple or other sensors are necessary.
This approach uses the internal cold-junction compensation sensor within the ST132 transmitter as the ambient temperature sensor. The ST132 is highly accurate, stable, and best of all, low cost!
The ST132-0600 has advanced signal processing capabilities, variable range input, and convenient USB programming make this instrument a very versatile temperature measurement device. These transmitters can withstand harsh industrial environments and operate reliably across a wide temperature range with very low drift. They feature RFI, EMI, ESD, EFT, and surge protection plus low radiated emissions.
Features & Benefits of the ST132-0600
- Easy setup and digital calibration via USB with Windows configuration software
- Flexible thermocouple or millivolt input ranges(TC Type J, K, T, R, S, E, B, N or ±100mV)
- 24-bit A/D microcontroller
- High accuracy, linearity, stability, and reliability
- Low temperature drift (<75ppm/°C)
- Fast response time (as low as 8ms)
- Supports reverse-acting (inverse) output
- Selectable upscale or downscale operation for sensor errors and lead-break detection
- Non-polarised output/power connection
- Mounts in DIN Form B sensor heads
- Shock (50g) and vibration (5g) resistant
- Optional DIN rail adapter
- Wide ambient operation (-40 to 80°C)
- Hardened for harsh environments
For more information on this application, contact us.