The Alta Data eNET-A429 is an ARINC 429 to Ethernet Converter. Firstly, this product is a combination of a 32-bit ARINC FPGA Protocol Engine called AltaCore™ and a real-time IP/UDP thin server. This powerful package allows customers to use the same application programming interface, AltaAPI™. This is used with standards cards. Recompiling is not required. Therefore, providing the ultimate package in code portability.
Secondly, one thing to note is the eNET-A429 (server) is a real time Ethernet/ARINC device. However, your computer’s (client) IP stack may not be. As the e-NET ARINC device provides real time UDP receive and transmit requests to ARINC buffers. But the client’s IP/UDP has path delays compared to backplane cards.
Therefore, for many applications <100-1000 packets per second, this product will provide better flexibility than USB devices. Contact Alta for test results on various operating systems and computer configuration as your system results may vary.
Features of ARINC 429 to Ethernet Converter eNET-A429 include:
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet Real-Time Converter for 4-8 ARINC Channels
- 4 Channels RX or TX; 4 RX Only Channels
- Thin-Server, Real-Time UDP Ethernet to/from ARINC **
- Remote ARINC Devices on the LAN
- Auto RX Mode for ARINC Ethernet Bridging
- 5-30 VDC, 300-900 mAmp max/300-700 mAmp typical – small size!!
- 200g Weight, POE Optional
- Ideal for Lab or Rugged Deployed Applications
- IRIG-B RX Decode, PPS, Triggers, Discretes
- NOTE: On shared channels: TX lines have an extra RX load; when powered-off, RX channels can have severe voltage drain – use only dedicated RX channels for critical systems.
Alta Data is committed to provide each customer with a risk free integration and will assist with Metromatics to provide help with any level of your system development project.
For more information, contact us.