The Acromag AP520 Series is an Eight Port Serial Communication Module and enables efficient data processing through the eight RS232 Serial ports.
Firstly, the AP520 Series is based on the Acromag AcroPack® product line, which has a PCIe interface format. AcroPack® offers products in a compact size, at a low cost with the same functionality and memory map of existing Industry Pack Modules in a rugged form factor. Also they are RoHS compliant.
Secondly, to conduct more efficient data processing, each serial port has a 256-character FIFO buffers on the transmit and receive lines. The data ports generate individually controlled transmit, receive, line status and data set interrupts. All interrupts can be read from a single register. Software-configuration helps you quickly set baud rates, character-sizes, stop bits, and parity. RTS/CTS handshake support for modem control is also included.
The AP520 modules are 70mm long and only 19.05mm longer than a full length mini PCIe card. It contains a down facing connector which internally routes I/O signals through the carrier card to secure field connectors. Therefore, eliminating loose cables and increasing reliability.
Features of Eight Port Serial Communication Module AP520 includes:
- Four isolated RS232 serial ports
- Each port isolated (250V) from digital circuitry and (100V) from the other 3 ports
- Internal isolated power created on-board
- 256-byte TX and RX FIFOs with programmable triggers for improved system performance
- Programmable baud rate (up to 1Mbps) on each channel with fractional divisors
- Interrupt support with individually controlled transmit, receive, line status, and data set interrupts
- Each channel provides handshake support (RTS, CTS) to simplify interfacing with modems
- General purpose 16-bit timer/counter with internal 125MHz clock supporting single-shot, re-trigger, and interrupts
- Line-break and false start-bit detection
Finally, for more information, contact us.