The Acromag IP570 is a MIL-STD-1553 Module.
Firstly, it offers a choice of one or two channels to interface sensor and other devices to a 1553 bus. MIL-STD-1553 is a digital internal time division command or response multiplex data bus. It is a Military Standard which has become one of the basic tools by the Department of Defence for integration of weapon systems.
Secondly, MIL-STD-1553 describes the method of communication and the electrical interface requirements for subsystems connected to the data bus. So, the key benefits of this particular module in relation to MIL-STD-1553 is that it offers one or two complete dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 bus interfaces. It also supports MIL-STD-1553 Revision B and MIL-STD-1760 transceivers where all channels are transformer coupled. Data rates of up to 1 Mb/s and supports both 8 MHz and 32MHz IP operations.
Features of the MIL-STD-1553 Interface Module IP570 include:
- One or two complete dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 bus interfaces
- Supports both MIL-STD-1553 revision B and MIL-STD-1760 transceivers
- All channels are transformer coupled
- Data rates of up to 1Mb/s
- Supports both 8 MHz and 32MHz IP operation
- DDC Micro-ACE controls 1553 interface
- Fully integrates 1553 Rev A/B Notice 2 terminal
- Transceiver power-down options supported
- Enhanced Mini-ACE architecture
- Supports multiple configurations with 64K RAM: bus controller, remote terminal, or bus monitor
- Supports 1553 Rev A/B Notice 2 and STANAG 3838 protocols
- MIL-STD-1760 amplitude compliant transceiver
- Provides highly flexible host-side interface
- Compatible with Mini-ACE and ACE
- Provides highly autonomous bus controller with built-in message sequence controller
- Offers choice of single, dual, and circular remote terminal buffering options
- Provides selective message monitor
- Includes comprehensive built-In self-test
- 16MHz clock
- Software libraries and drivers available for Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/7 (32-bit), VxWorks® and Linux
Finally, for more information, contact us.