The Acromag PMC521 offers Octal serial 422/485 communication ports on a PMC Socket.
Firstly, the software quickly enables you to set up baud rates, character sizes, stop bits and parity. To allow more efficient data processing, each serial port contains 64-character FIFO buffers on the transmit and receive lines.
The data ports generate individually controlled transmit, receive, line status and data set interrupts. Plus, a global interrupt source register provides interrupt status indication for all eight channels to speed up interrupt parsing.
Features of the Octal Serial 422/485 Communication on PMC Socket PMC521 include:
- Eight asynchronous, full duplex EIA/TIA-422B serial ports (supports EIA-485)
- 64-byte transmit FIFO buffers
- 64-byte receive FIFO buffers
- Programmable baud rate (up to 1.8432Mbps)
- Line-break and false start-bit detection
- Failsafe receivers
- Socketed termination and bias resistors
- Industry-standard software-compatible 16C550 configuration registers
- 0 to 70°C (PMC521-64) or -40 to 85°C (PMC521-64E)
Finally, for more information, contact us.