What is a Reaction Torque Sensor?
A reaction torque sensor measures the amount of torque (rotational force) applied to a rotating shaft or component. Unlike other types of torque sensors, this sensor does not directly measure the torque applied to the shaft. Instead, it measures the reaction force created by the rotation of the shaft.
This sensor also uses a stationary element called a stator. It also uses a rotor which is a rotating element. To function, the stator is fixed in place, while the rotor is mounted on a rotating shaft. As the shaft rotates, the rotor tries to twist out of alignment with the stator. This then generates a reaction force which a sensor measures.
Types of Reaction Torque Sensors
There are different types of reaction torque sensors. Examples include: strain gauge sensors, optical sensors, and magnetic sensors. The common feature that classifies them as Reaction Torque Sensors is that they all measure the reaction force of the rotating shaft.
These sensors are perfect for industrial applications that need precise torque measurements. This includes motor testing, gearbox testing, and automotive testing. They are also great for research and development and for measuring the torque produced by various mechanical systems.
How Do Reaction Torque Sensors Work?
The following are the basic working principles of reaction torque sensors:
- The sensor is mounted between the source of the torque and the object on which the torque is being applied. For example, in a car, the torque sensor is usually mounted between the engine and the transmission.
- As torque is applied to the rotating object, the sensor reacts to the force generated by the torque. Following this, it measures the amount of force applied.
- The sensor converts the measured force into an electrical signal. This signal carries data showing the amount of torque applied. This signal is then sent to a data acquisition system or a display unit that processes and displays the data as torque values.
Benefits of a Reaction Torque Sensor
Reaction Torque Sensors have become increasingly popular in many industries due to the numerous benefits they offer. The following is a list of the benefits of reaction torque sensors and their applications.
1. Precise Measurements
They provide highly accurate measurements of torque. As a result they are ideal for use in precision applications such as research and development, aerospace, and automotive industries. They can also detect even the smallest changes in torque and provide data that can be used to optimize processes and products as a result.
Reaction torque sensors do not require any contact with the rotating shaft or the object being measured. This non invasive method of measuring torque means that the sensors do not affect the performance of the system they are measuring. This is especially important in high precision applications.
3. Real-Time Data
They provide real time data on torque. As a result, this enables operators to quickly detect any anomalies or changes in the system. Furthermore, this data also allows users to make adjustments and prevent potential issues before they become major problems.
Reaction torque sensors are relatively inexpensive compared to other torque sensors. They are also easy to install and require minimal maintenance. Thus making them a cost effective solution for many industries.
5. Wide Range Of Applications
These sensors can also be used in a wide range of applications. This includes industrial automation, robotics, automotive testing, medical device testing and much more. They are also versatile and can be customized to meet specific requirements. As a result, they are also an ideal solution for many different industries as well.
A Reliable Asset
In conclusion, reaction torque sensors are an important tool for measuring torque in rotating systems. Their precise measurements, non-invasive nature, real time data, cost-effectiveness, and wide range of applications make them a valuable asset in many industries. If you are looking for a reliable and accurate way to measure torque in your system, consider using a reaction torque sensor.
The Futek Reaction Torque Sensor
FUTEK is a well known manufacturer of precision torque sensors. Their sensors are widely used in various industrial applications. Choosing a reaction torque sensor from FUTEK offers a number of benefits, including:
- High accuracy and reliability: FUTEK torque sensors are known for their high accuracy and reliability. They are designed and manufactured to provide precise measurements even in demanding applications.
- Wide range of capacities and sizes: FUTEK offers a wide range of torque sensors with different capacities and sizes to suit various applications. Whether you need a small sensor for delicate tasks or a larger one for heavy duty applications, FUTEK has a solution for you.
- Easy integration: FUTEK torque sensors are also designed to easily integrate into various systems and applications. They come with a variety of mounting options and connectors. they are also easy to install into equipment.
- Durable construction: FUTEK torque sensors are built to last. This also includes harsh environments. This is because they are made from high quality materials. As a result they can also withstand high temperatures, shock, and vibration.
- Excellent customer support: FUTEK provides excellent customer support. This includes technical assistance and custom services. Furthermore, our team of experts can also help you choose the right torque sensor for your application and provide guidance on installation and maintenance.
Overall, a reaction torque sensor by FUTEK will provide you with a reliable, accurate, and durable solution for measuring torque in your application. You can view The FUTEK Reaction Torque Sensor TDF650 here. You can also check out our full range of FUTEK products here.
If you would like to learn more about this product, please contact us here.