This application on Tube Expansion Measurement was kindly supplied by our friends FUTEK.
Utilising a Load Button, engineers can measure the expansion of a tube as fluid moves through it.
Products in use
LLB Series Miniature Load Button paired with Instrumentation (USB Solutions, IAA Series, IHH500, and IPM650)
How it works
- FUTEK’s LLB Series Miniature Load Button is installed between two plates. Also located between these plates is a process tube.
- As fluid flows through the process tube, its diametre expands. The unique design of this plate (pivot points), allows for this expansion to occur.
- As the tube expands, the top plate begins to apply force measurements onto the load button.
- This applied force is then streamed to one of several instrument options – a digital display, an amplifier, or a USB module.
- Both the digital displays as well as the USB module can utilise FUTEK’s SENSIT™ Test and Measurement Software to graph and collect the data.
Please note that this diagram is conceptual only. Please contact us for further information on Tube Expansion Measurement or any other engineering tasks using FUTEK Sensors.