The Acromag Model DT236 is a 4-20mA Signal Isolator. The DT230 Series Signal Conditioners provide two independent I/O Channels in a single unit. This model is a dual two-wire transmitter. It isolates and converts a DC current or low voltage inputs to a proportional 4-20mA control signal. Power is received from the output loop current or a DC supply when using a three-wire connection.
Firstly, high-voltage isolation separates all input and output circuits from each other. Plus, the isolation protects from surges, reduces noise, and eliminates ground loop errors. Set-up and calibration are fast and easy. Simply use a USB connection to your PC and Acromag’s Windows configuration software. Or the Android app sets up with mobile devices.
The DT236 is a versatile instrument. Designed to withstand harsh industrial environments and operate reliably across a wide temperature range with very low drift. They feature RFI, EMI, ESD, EFT, and surge protection plus low radiated emissions.
IMPORTANT: To prevent ground loop error between a grounded PC and a grounded input signal, Acromag strongly recommends Acromag’s USB-Isolator when configuring a DT230 Series transmitter.
Other features of DT236 4-20mA Signal Isolator include:
- Operate as a dual transmitter, a single transmitter, or a signal splitter
- Easy configuration via USB with Windows software or Agility™ app for Android
- Independently adjustable and scalable: input and output ranges
- Selectable current and voltage input ranges: 0/4-20mA, ±1mA, ±20mA, ±0.5V, 0-500mV DC
- Compatible with Acromag 0-20A AC sensor input
- 4-20mA current loop outputs support sinking or sourcing circuit configurations
- User-configurable output range clamp levels support
- NAMUR-compliant operation
- Very low 7V two-wire loop burden
- High accuracy, linearity, stability, and reliability
- User-selectable filtering (none, low, med, high)
- Space-saving 17.5mm (0.7 inch) unit with pluggable terminals for convenient wiring
- 1500V isolation, 4-way (inputs/outputs)
- Wide ambient operation (-40 to 80°C) Approvals:
- CE compliant. UL/cUL Class I Div 2, ATEX/IECEx Zone 2
For more information, contact us.