The Alta Data eNET-A429P is an ARINC 429 Ethernet Converter. This ethernet converter combines a 32-bit ARINC FPGA Protocol Engine – AltaCore™ and a real-time IP/UDP thin server. This powerful package allows customers to use the same application programming interface, AltaAPI™ and standard cards without recompiling. As a result, this provides the ultimate package in code portability.
Unlike other ethernet converters, this one provides signal testing with variable voltage control using the first 3 TX channels. Another thing to note is the eNET-A429 (server). This server is a real time Ethernet/ARINC device. However, your computer’s (client) IP stack may not be. As the e-NET ARINC device provides real time UDP receive and transmit requests to ARINC buffers. But the client’s IP/UDP has path delays compared to backplane cards.
Therefore, for many applications <100-1000 packets per second, this product will provide better flexibility than USB devices. Contact Alta for test results on various operating systems and computer configuration as your system results may vary.
Features of ARINC 429 Ethernet Converter eNET-A429P include:
- Ethernet to 8 ARINC with Parametrics; 3 TX Variable Voltage; 1 RX/TX Shared, 4RX
- ±3.5 – ±12 Vpp Variable Voltage with 50mV Steps 1 uSec Signal Generator
- 8 bit 1 uSec a/D Signal capture on two RX channels
- Author RX Mode for ARINC>Ethernet Bridging
- IRIG-B RX Decode, PPS, Trigger, 2 Avionics & RS-485 Discretes
- Encode/Decode almost any ARINC 429 PHY Signal with great development packages
- NOTE: On shared channels: TX lines have an extra RX load; when powered-off, RX channels can have severe voltage drain – use only dedicated RX channels for critical systems.
Alta Data provides each customer with a risk free integration and along with us will provide help with any level of your system development project.
For more information, contact us.