The Krypton CPU is a data logger and data processing computer with real-time data processing capabilities. This computer is small, highly portable and has an IP67 rating. It perfectly completes the Krypton data acquisition module to form a stand-alone DAQ system. Perfect for rugged environments and defence applications.
As mentioned above, the Krypton CPU is capable of withstanding harsh environmental conditions. As a result, it’s waterproof, dust-proof and can withstand shocks up to 100G. Additionally, a full block of aluminium makes up the chassis to protect it from the elements. Furthermore, thermally conductive and electrically isolative rubber makes the unit fully waterproof. As a result, this unit is usable on test facilities or on big vehicles exposed to extreme environments.
Krypton CPU: Small But Powerful
The Krypton CPU measures 202 mm (7.95 inches) in length, 77 mm (3.03 inches) in width and 71 mm (2.8 inches) thick. Its small foot print makes it perfect for applications where space limited.
Although small, this unit is rich with features and offers everything you need to record measurements. It also offers strong data processing capabilities thanks to its built in Intel Atom quad-core CPU with 4GB memory. This gives the Krypton CPU enough processing power to record data from multiple channels at high speeds. It also makes data processing and visualisation possible.
Furthermore, when paired with the built in Dewesoft X Data Acquisition Software, the Kryptons built in technology will give users access to visually rich graphics, smooth workflows and online math processing of data.
Finally, the Krypton CPU offers uncompromised connectivity. It comes equipped with the following needed interfaces for connectivity and expansion:
- DVI video: fully compatible with VGA and HDMI. All Dewesoft’s rugged mobile displays are compatible with KRYPTON CPU.
- 3x USB 2.0: for data acquisition devices like SIRIUS, DEWE-43A, and peripherals like mouse, keyboard, and external hard drives.
- EtherCAT master port: for connecting any of our EtherCAT data acquisition devices like KRYPTON or SIRIUS.
- Gigabit LAN and WLAN interfaces: for wired and wireless connectivity.
Krypton CPU Reliable SSD Storage
The Krypton CPU also has a built in 256 GB SSD data storage unit. This unit has a 180MB/s write rate and has enough capacity to store hundreds of channels at high speed (including video). In addition to this, the built in SSD unit can withstand high shocks and vibrations. Thus always keeping your data safe as a result.
Just when you thought the Krypton CPU couldn’t have any more features packed in, comes the EtherCAT Master. The EtherCAT Master is an expansion port for Dewesoft EtherCAT devices such as the Krypton DAQ modules or SIRIUS Waterproof Slices. Thanks to this port, the Krypton CPU requires only one cable for data transfer, power and synchronisation. Thus allowing users to easily form a stand-alone data acquisition system.
Key Features of the Krypton CPU
- IP67 Degree Protection: The Krypton CPU tests in extremely harsh environments. The unit is fully waterproof, dust-proof, and can withstand shocks up to 100G.
- Extreme Operating Temperature: The Krypton CPU operates in extreme temperatures ranging from -40°C to 70°C.
- Smallest Data Logger: The Krypton CPU is a very small data logger. It’s perfect for tight places or limited space applications.
- Quad Core CPU: The Krypton CPU has a powerful Intel Atom quad-core CPU and fast 4GB memory.
- SSD Storage: Internal SSD drive provides fast and reliable data storage for all measurement channels.
- 3 USB Ports: The Krypton CPU has 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting USB peripheral devices or any of our USB data acquisition systems like DEWE-43A and/or SIRIUS.
- Gland and WiFi Interfaces: One Gigabit LAN interface (GLAN) with an RJ45 connector and wireless WiFi adapter ensure a fast and reliable network connection.
- EtherCAT Interface: Built-in EtherCAT interface port with synchronisation for USB and EtherCAT DAQ devices like SIRIUS waterproof and KRYPTON.
For more information please contact us here.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Download the Spec Sheet Here.
KRYPTON CPU Tech specs
|Processor||Intel® Atom™ Quad Core at 1.91 GHz|
|Storage||Non-removable 240 GB mSATA SSD|
|Interfaces and options|
|USB||3x USB 2.0|
|Ethernet||1x GLAN (Push-Pull), 1x WLAN (RP-SMA Female Jack)|
|EtherCAT®||1x EtherCAT® 100 Mbps Full Duplex, LEMO 8pin female|
|Power supply||9 – 48 V DC|
|Power consumption||Min. 7.7 W
Max. 19.9 W
|Operating Temperature||-40 °C to 70 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °C to 85 °C|
|Humidity||5 to 100 % RH|
|IP rating||IP65 / IP67|
Shock: SIST EN 60068-2-27:2009
100 g, 6 ms, half-sine
100x pos./neg in each axis
Random: MIL-STD-202G Method 214A, test condition II-D
Profile break points:
50 Hz – 0.025 g²/Hz
100 Hz – 0.1 g²/Hz
2000 Hz – 0.1 g²/Hz
Profile RMS / Peak = 13.9 g / 41.7 g
8 hrs in each axis, 24 hrs total
|Dimension||231 x 77 x 57 mm|
|Weight||1.0 kg (1.5 kg before Q3 2018)|