The Transformer Rectifier Unit 3RC150KC provides a high quality output of 27.4 volts dc with a continuous rating of 540A. The Transformer Rectifier Unit comes in a custom built steel enclosure that deck mounts. This enclosure can direct mount for shock levels up to 30g. Suitable shock mounts must be used for shock levels above 30g. This unit also has an Ingress Protection level of IP23. Furthermore, a front hinged door provides easy maintenance access and indicating lamps for supply available, anti condensation heater on, output on and the ON/OFF switch. In addition to these qualities louvres have also been pressed inwards on the front and sides of the assembly to provide fan assisted cooling during normal operation. Alternatively, the Transformer Rectifier Unit is also cooled by natural convection when the Anti Condensation Heaters are operating.
Soft Start System
A soft start allows the input inrush current to be less than the full load current. The TRU also has an input isolation transformer and a 12 pulse thyristor rectifier configured as two fully controlled bridges combined in parallel by an interphase transformer. This combination produces a very smooth DC output that eliminates all harmonics below the 11th from the input current waveform. Furthermore, the input current to the equipment is close to sinusoidal with a “traditional” lagging power factor dependent on loading and mains voltage.
Electrical connections to and from the Transformer Rectifier Unit for supply, heater, remote and sense connections occur on rail-mounted terminals. M12 bolt connections make this possible. Furthermore, the terminals are inside the cubicle. A cable gland plate situated on the bottom of the enclosure provides access to these terminals. Finally, an M10 (x 1.5) external earth is also included.
Key Features of the Transformer Rectifier Unit 3RC150KC
- Fabricated mild steel enclosure folded and welded for strength. Bulkhead mounted. Lifting eyes
- Dimension: (O/A)(h x w x d) mm 1385 x 640 x 715 – allow a clearance of at least 100 mm around the unit to allow proper ventilation
- 560kg weight
- IP23 Ingress Level Protection
- Naturally cooled via louvers
- Front maintenance – Hinged door for access
- Low fire hazard
- Withstands 30g of shock
- Designed to meet the vibration requirements of DGS 350
- Withstands ship motion due to sea action and weather, accelerations and velocities from deliberate ship manoeuvres
For more information, please contact us.