The Acromag PMC-VFX are Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA Modules with Plug in I/O. This cost effective product comes with a high speed memory and high throughput on a PCI-X interface. The on-board FPGA has PowerPC 440 block which handles the most complex and memory intensive computing applications. The PowerPC Core allows system on chip functionality with real time processing capabilities and CPU Intensive applications.
Firstly, there are 64 I/O lines which are accessible through the rear (J4) connector. Additional I/O processing is supported on a separate mezzanine card that simply plugs into the FPGA base board. Some external AXM I/O cards interface directly to the analog and digital I/O signals. Large memory banks provide efficient data handling. Plus, DDR2 SDRAM buffers store captured data prior to FPGA processing. This data is then moved to the dual-port SRAM for high-speed DMA transfer to the system.
The PMC-VFX is also available in a conduction cooled design. The Conduction cooled version dissipates heat if there is inadequate air flow. The optional extended temperature models operate reliably from -40 to 85°C. Acromag also provide an Engineering Design Kit to operate with the PMC-VFX. It provides software utilities and example VHDL code to speed up the program development process. A JTAG interface allows on board VHDL simulation.
Features of the Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA Modules with Plug in I/O PMC-VFX include:
- Reconfigurable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA
- PCI-X bus 100MHz 64-bit interface
- Supports both front and rear I/O connections
- 64 I/O or 32 LVDS lines direct to FPGA via rear (J4)
- Plug-in I/O modules are available for front mezzanine
- FPGA code loads from PCI bus or 32MB flash memory
- Two banks of 256K x 32-bit dual-ported SRAM
- Two banks of 64M x 16-bit DDR2 SDRAM
- Other memory options available (contact factory)
- Supports dual DMA channel data transfer to CPU/bus
- Supports 3.3V signalling Support for Xilinx ChipScope™ Pro interface
- 0 to 70°C or -40 to 85°C (E versions)
Finally, for more information, contact us.