The Acromag ACPS3320 is a 3U cPCI Serial carrier card for Acromag’s AcroPack mezzanine modules. Firstly, two I/O expansion slots interface AcroPack or mini PCIe modules to the PCIe bus. Secondly, all connections to field signals are made through rear backplane connectors on the carrier board which passes them to the individual AcroPack modules.
Therefore, you can select from 25+ AcroPack modules to install any combination of analog I/O, digital I/O, serial I/O, communication, and FPGA processor functions. So this modular approach allows the user to create a board which is customised to the application, thus saving slots and reducing costs.
The AcroPack product line updates the popular Industry Pack Modules I/O with a PCIe interface format. Therefore, this tech-refresh design offers a compact, low-cost I/O solution with the same functionality of the original Industry Pack mezzanine modules. New modules offer additional capabilities such as FPGA computing, Ethernet, CAN bus, and avionics interfaces.
Features & Benefits of 3U cPCI Serial Carrier Card
- Two AcroPack or mini-PCIe module slots support any combination of I/O functions
- PCI Express Version 2.1 compliant carrier
- Compliant with PICMG CPCI-S.0 R2.0 standard
- PCIe switch allows two devices to share a single 4HP peripheral board slot in a CPCI-S chassis
- Geographical addressing identifies carrier location on the backplane
- Fused +1.5V, +3.3V, +5V, +12V, -12V DC power. A fuse is present on each supply line serving each AcroPack module.
- JTAG header for programming and debugging AcroPack modules with an FPGA
- Extended temperature range
- Also Software development tools for VxWorks®, Linux®, and Windows® environments
Therefore, these 3U cPCI Serial carrier cards are ideal for high-performance systems in aerospace, defence, transportation, oil/gas, test/measurement, manufacturing, and scientific research applications.
Finally, End-users and system integrators benefit from a broad range of I/O functions in a small form factor.
For more information, contact us.