The 3RP Chargers / DC Supplies is a range of Gresham chargers and DC supplies that can be used with Greshams range of battery boxes. These chargers and DC supplies provide power to a ships main and supplies and can charge valve regulated lead acid batteries. They are fabricated from mild steel and folded and welded for strength. They also have lifting eyes which mount to the deck/bulkhead, two fans for cooling, are low fire hazard and withstand shocks of 15g, shipboard vibrations and ship motion due to the sea action, weather, accelerations and velocities from ship manoeuvres.
Furthermore, this unit also consists of an input automatic changeover switch, an auto transformer, rectifier modules and output distribution. First the rectifier modules and output distribution have a high quality nominal 24V output and a rated load of 440V at 3phase 60Hz supply. Second, the rectifier uses switched mode rectifier modules. Furthermore, in parallel configuration these chargers and DC supplies charge valve regulated lead acid batteries. As a result, if the ship’s normal ac supply fails, the input automatically switches to the emergency supply.
Finally, these chargers come with 2-pole miniature circuit breakers. They are also built into steel enclosures for deck or bulkhead mounting. As a result, they can withstand shock levels up to 15g and have an Ingress Protection level of IP23. They are also suitable for electrical compartments and machinery spaces.
Features of the 3RP Chargers / DC Supplies include:
- 440 volts 3 phase 3 wire 60Hz in accordance with STANAG 1008 Edition 8 and Lloyds NSR
- Input Rated Voltage – 440V
- Input Current THD <4%
- Power Factor – 0.99
- Inrush Current <Inom
- Option: Normal/Emergency input supply with automatic changeover
- Option: Anti condensation heater, 115V or 230V
- Fabricated mild steel folded and welded for strength. Deck/bulkhead mounted with lifting eyes.
- IP23 suitable for electrical equipment compartment
- IP44 suitable for machinery spaces
- IP54 fitted with dust filters
- Fan assisted by two speed fans. Fan failure detection
- Meets shock requirements of 15g in three orthogonal directions if solidly mounted. Please use shock mounts for shock levels in excess of 15g.
- Designed to meet the shipboard vibration requirements. Typically 5 to 33Hz +/- 0.125mm
- The equipment withstands ship motion due to the sea action, weather and accelerations and velocities from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
For more information, contact us.