The Acromag XMC-7K AX are a Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA Modules with Plug-in IO.
Firstly, the FPGA is enhanced with a high-speed memory with throughput to a serial bus interface, making it a powerful I/O processor module.
Secondly, both front and rear I/O is supported. Front I/O processing is supported with plug-in AXM mezzanine cards. A variety of AXM I/O cards are available to add the flexibility of a wide range of analog and digital I/O to your design.
The rear I/O in this FPGA Module has an eight lane high speed serial interface on the P16 XMC port for customer installed soft cores. Also, P16 supports 34 SelectIO channels. The P4 port adds another 60 SelectIO and global clock lines. SelectIO signals are Kintex-7 FPGA pins. These support single ended I/O such as LVCMOS, HSTL, SSTL and differential I/O standards such as LVDS, HT, LVPECL, BLVDS, HSTL, and SSTL.
Available in two versions
Kintex-7 are available in two versions one with 325k or 410k logic cells. This product offers the opportunity to increase DSP algorithm performance for faster throughput using multiple channels and parallel hardware architectures. Free up CPU cycles by offloading algorithmic intensive tasks to the FPGA co-processor. System performance optimised with MicroBlaze™ Soft processors software.
Acromag’s Engineering Design Kit offers software utilities and example VHDL code to simplify your programming to allow product quicker to market. A JTAG interface allows on board debugging. Maximise your FPGA performance with Xilinx tools such as Vivado or ISE Design Suite. Plus, ChipScope Pro tools can quickly debug logic and serial interfaces.
Features of the Kintex-7 FPGA Modules with Plug-in IO XMC-7K AX include:
- Reconfigurable Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA with 325k or 410k logic cells 128M x 64-bit DDR3 SDRAM
- 32M x 16-bit parallel flash memory for MicroBlaze FPGA program code storage
- 8-lane high-speed serial interface on rear P15 connector for PCIe Gen 1/2 (standard), Serial RapidI/O 10Gb Ethernet, Xilinx Aurora
- 8-lane high-speed interfaces on rear P16 connector for customer-installed soft cores
- 60 SelectI/O or 30 LVDS pairs plus 2 global clock pairs direct to FPGA via rear P4 port
- 34 SelectI/O or 17 LVDS pairs plus 2 global clock pairs direct to FPGA via rear P16 port
- DMA support provides data transfer between system memory and the on-board memory
- Support for Xilinx ChipScope™ Pro interface
- AXM-A30 not supported.
Finally, for more information, contact us.