The Acromag VPM2000 is a loop powered panel meter (1/8 DIN). Firstly, it displays any 4-20mA signals in a convenient manner. Secondly, it is a dual line display. Therefore, means you can show the process value on the top line and the units or a tag on the bottom line. Alternatively, you can display the input in one scale on the top line and another scale on the bottom. Also a bar-graph option indicates the percentage the value represents.
The loop powered panel meter consists of a digital input and two open collector outputs. Therefore, signal isolator and alarm trip applications the model options add two solid state relays or 4-20mA analog output. Remote resetting or triggering of the alarms is enabled by the digital input. Open collector outputs are useful for alarm indication or pulse output. The relays support alarm activation, on/off control and pump alternation functions.
Installation is simple. The Panel Meter acquires power from the 4-20mA loop and therefore, no separate power source is required. It can be used in most environments due to the NEMA 4X IP65 panel, wide operating temperature, backlit LCD and conformal coated PCB’s. Intrinsically safe and non-incendive versions allow installation in hazardous conditions.
Set up is quick and easy using the front panel buttons or the free configuration software. Saving files consists of connecting the meter to the PC using the micro USB cable. Which provides power for software based programming. The pushbuttons are programmable function keys to change displays, reset min/max readings, acknowledge alarms plus other uses.
Features of the VPM2000 Loop Panel Meter are:
- Loop Powered Process Meter
- 4-20mA Input
- Two open collector outputs (standard)
- Optional loop powered solid start relays
- Optional 4-20mA Analog Output
- 1.5 Volt Drop (4.5 Volt Drop with Backlight)
- Loop Powered Backlight with red backlight for alarm conditions
- PC Based USB Programming Software (included)
- 5 Digit Alphanumeric Top Line
- 8 Digit Alphanumeric Bottom Line
- 20 Segment bar-graph with percentage indication
- Relay Pump alternation base on level and run time
- Display relay runtime and cycle count
- UL/cUL 61010 listed for electrical safety
- uL/cUL listed as intrinsically safe and non-incendive
- -40 to 75°C safe area operating temperature range