The Static Frequency Converter Range 3CT supply 3 phase(4wire) 200V, 400Hz to aircraft loads with low distortion and high stability when connected to the ships’ main 440 volt 3 phase 60Hz supply.
Alternatively, the outputs can also supply 3phase (3 wire) 115V, 400Hz for ships loads. Furthermore, the SFC also meets the necessary ruggedness of shock, vibration and naval EMC requirements. It also consists of a rugged thyristor rectifier and inverter. The rectifier has a typical input current THD of 14% and power factor of 0.9 at full load. It also converts the incoming ac supply to an internal DC voltage. Meanwhile, the inverter converts the internal DC voltage to the 400Hz ac output. This three phase, high frequency PWM IGBT inverter also and has an isolation transformer. This transformer provides full galvanic isolation between input and output. Finally, the SFC also has optional internal contractors that control outputs to either the hangar or flight deck socket boxes.
Key Features of the Static Frequency Converter Range 3CT Include:
- Designed to meet a shock requirement of a maximum vertical acceleration (half sine-wave pulse) of amplitude 117.7m/s2 (12g) and of duration 9ms (rise time to peak velocity) and 24ms (fall time to zero velocity). For installed shock levels in excess of this shock mounts should be fitted.
- The unit, when ‘hard’ mounted, is designed to meet shipboard vibration. Typically: 5 to 33Hz +/- 0.125mm
- Ambient Temperature: 0°C to + 45°C.
- Withstands ship motion due to sea action, weather and accelerations and velocities from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
- Mild steel enclosure folded and welded for strength. Deck mounted with top steadies. Lifting eyes are provided.
- IP23 suitable for electrical equipment compartment
- IP54 suitable for machinery spaces
- Natural cooling by convection by way of louvres. Individual cooling fans for power assemblies are also provided. Unrestricted airflow should be allowed around the unit.
- Low fire hazard
- Front maintenance – Lift off hinged door for access
For more information, please contact us.