The Transformer Rectifier Unit 3RC1K provides a high quality output of 27.4 volts dc. This unit float charges valve regulated lead acid batteries. It can also be set for 24V for ships 24V systems. The TRU also has an input isolation transformer and a 12 pulse thyristor rectifier that acts as two fully controlled bridges combined in parallel by an interphase transformer. This produces a very smooth DC output and eliminates all harmonics below the 11th from the input current waveform. Meanwhile, the input current to the equipment is close to sinusoidal. It has a “traditional” lagging power factor that’s dependent on loading and mains voltage.
Furthermore, this unit comes in a custom steel enclosure. This enclosure had 595mm x 497mm x 345mm overall dimensions and bulkhead mounts. The enclosure is also suitable for direct mounting. It also withstands shock levels up to 30g – suitable shock mounts need to be used for shock levels above 30g.
Finally, this unit has an Ingress Protection level of IP23. Maintenance access is located through the front door. This door also contains panel meters that indicate lamps and the mains ON/OFF switch. Additionally louvres pressed outwards on the front and sides, with a grill on the bottom of the assembly provide fan assisted cooling during normal operation. Alternatively, natural convection cooling kicks into gear when the Anti Condensation Heaters are operating.
Key Features of the Transformer Rectifier Unit 3RC1K
- Fabricated mild steel enclosures folded and welded for strength. Bulkhead mounted. Lifting eyes
- Dimensions 570 x 442 x 325 (O/A) mm – A clearance of at least 100 mm should be allowed around the unit to allow proper ventilation
- Weight: 40kg
- IP23 Ingress Level Protection
- Naturally cooled via louvers
- Front maintenance – Hinged door for access
- Low fire hazard
- Withstands shock levels of 30g
- Meets vibration requirements of DGS 350
- Withstands ship motion due to sea action, weather and accelerations and velocities from deliberate ship manoeuvres
For more information, please contact us.