Battery Box BB160A securely houses batteries that back up a ship’s main and other supplies. These batteries are maintenance free and built in accordance with BS 6290 Part 4 (1997). They also have a 7 to 10 year services life at 20°C. Furthermore, these batteries are high integrity valve regulated lead acid cells. As a result, they are flame retardant (rated V0 (UL94) oxygen index 30). They also use a 24 volt, continuous float and recharge at a range of 27.0V to 27.6V.
The battery box is also custom built using steel. It measures 765 x 515 x 557mm and is designed for bulk head mounting. It also has an Ingress Protection level of IP23. Furthermore, maintenance and repair access is gained through a hinged door on the front of the box. Front mounted digital meters also indicate lamps and a double pole ON/OFF circuit breaker. Finally louvres on the bottom panel vent behind the control enclosure thus allowing for cooling via natural convection and ventilation.
Electrical connections to and from the Battery Box are made on M8 (x1.25) studs. This is for the main connections to a terminal block and for remote sense and indications. Additionally an M10 external earth stud is also provided on the top of the enclosure.
Features of Battery Box BB160A Include:
- Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries
- Nominal voltage: 24V
- Nominal capacity 160Ah
- 8 batteries (4 parallel strings of 2)
- To avoid over-discharging the battery the battery boxes have an end of discharge cut off set at 20V.
- Specified lifetime 7-10yrs at 20°C.
- The recommended normal operating temperature range is 20 to 25°C. High temperature will reduce the battery service life, typically to 80% at 30°C, dropping dramatically to 20% at 45°C
- Battery Circuit breaker
- Digital voltmeter
- Digital ammeter
- Fabricated mild steel folded and welded for strength. Deck mounted, top steadies. Lifting eyes.
- 765 x 515 x 557mm; 195kg
- designed to withstand ship motion due to the action of the sea and weather as well as accelerations and velocities deriving from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
For more information, contact us.