The Acromag AP522 Series is an Eight Port RS422/485 Serial Communication Module and enables efficient data processing through the eight RS422/485 Serial ports.
Firstly, the AP522 Series is based on the Acromag AcroPack® product line, which has a PCIe interface format. AcroPack® offers products in a compact size, at a low cost with the same functionality and memory map of existing Industry Pack Modules in a rugged form factor. Also they are RoHS compliant.
Secondly, to conduct more efficient data processing, each serial port has a 256-character FIFO buffers on the transmit and receive lines. The data ports generate individually controlled transmit, receive, line status and data set interrupts. All interrupts can be read from a single register. Software-configuration helps you quickly set baud rates, character-sizes, stop bits, and parity. RTS/CTS handshake support for modem control is also included.
Finally, the AP522 modules are 70mm long and only 19.05mm longer than a full length mini PCIe card. It contains a down facing connector which internally routes I/O signals through the carrier card to secure field connectors. Therefore, eliminating loose cables and increasing reliability.
Features of Eight Port RS422/485 Serial Communication Module AP522 includes:
- Eight asynchronous, full duplex RS422B serial ports (supports RS485)
- 256-byte transmit FIFO buffers, 256-byte receive FIFO buffers
- Programmable baud rate (up to 20Mbps)
- Individual handshake lines (RTS, CTS) on each channel
- Line-break and false start-bit detection
- Failsafe receivers
- As well as built-in termination and bias resistors (Consult factory for no termination)
- 16550 compatible register set
- Also a high-density design lowers per-port costs and saves IP carrier card slots for other functions.
- 256-byte FIFO buffers minimise CPU interaction for improved system performance.
- Extended temperatures deliver dependable operation in extreme conditions.
Finally, for more information, contact us.