The Helicopter Start / Service System supplies the ac and dc ‘ground power’ for helicopter starting and servicing.
The ac power comes from a static frequency converter while the DC power comes from a Transformer Rectifier Unit. In addition to this, a control box situated near the flight deck selects the start/service requirements for a helicopter on the flight deck or the hangar.
Furthermore, sockets and outlets distribute the ac and DC power. The ac outlet distributes power through a seven pin connector while the DC outlet uses a 3 pin connector. Flexible cable assemblies also help connect power from socket outlets to the aircraft. Finally, both cables also require manually operated cable reeling drums which are storable on bulkhead spigots.
Features of Helicopter Start / Service System Include:
- Transformer Rectifier Unit 28V DC 15kW
- Static Frequency Converter 40kVA 200-115/3/400 4w ‘
- Control Unit
- Flight Deck Socket Box
- Hangar Socket Box
- Ac Flexible Cable System (200-115/3/400)
- Dc Flexible Cable System (28Vdc)
- Stowage Reel
- IP66 Ingress Protection Level
- Bulkhead mounting
- The unit, when ‘hard’ mounted, is designed to meet shipboard vibration.
- Withstands ship motion due to sea action and accelerations and velocities deriving from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
- Dc and ac cable assemblies: One end of each assembly is terminated with a right angle socket and will match the socket boxes. The other end of each assembly is terminated in straight socket suitable for connecting to the aircraft
- stowage reel for storing the cable assemblies
For more information, contact us.