The Acromag APCe8670 is a non-intelligent carrier card.
Firstly, it is a PCIe bus adaptor board that allows a PC (or PCIe bus master) to control and communicate with the hosted PMC module. It acts as an adaptor to route signals between the system’s PCIe bus and the PMC Module Connectors.
Access to PMC P4 rear I/O is provided through connector J6. PMC modules with front I/O can be accessed through the front mounting bracket. A cable is available to connect the J6 rear I/O to a front panel bracket mounted connector located in an adjacent slot.
The I/O signals are accessible via rear connectors and through the front mounting bracket. Cables are also available to connect the carrier’s rear I/O to a front panel connector in an adjacent slot.
Features of the Non-Intelligent Carrier Card APCe8670 include:
- One PMC module slot
- 4-lane PCI Express interface
- PCI-X interface supports 32/64-bit addressing, 32/64-bit data bus at up to 100MHz operation
- Carrier routes 32 differential pairs to rear connector for LVDS I/O from the PMC module
- JTAG connector supports Xilinx programmer for use with hosted FPGA modules
- Cooling fan
- Auxiliary power connection for 12V source
- Diagnostic LEDs indicate communication speed
Finally, for more information, contact us.