DEWESoft KRYPTON are Rugged DAQ Modules with EtherCAT DAQ Protocol. Firstly, designed for distributed measurement with preferred placement near the source of data and sensors. Secondly, they use a single cable for data, power & synchronisation which improves signal quality. Data Link allows 100 Metre Distance from module to module or stacked and locked.
Thirdly, KRYPTON Rugged EtherCAT Data Acquisition Modules are connected to your computer. This is via a standard Ethernet Connection (EtherCAT Protocol). Hence, it provides a 100Mbit data link for hundreds of channels with more than 10 kHz data rate per channel and perfect synchronisation between devices. Also, they automatically detect the powerful DEWESoft X Software which is included with every KRYPTON Module.
Main Features of the KRYPTON Rugged DAQ
- DISTRIBUTED MEASUREMENTS: Designed for distributed measurements bringing data acquisition closer to the sensors. KRYPTON allows distributing DAQ modules down to a single input channel.
- EtherCAT DAQ PROTOCOL: Data Transmission, Synchronisation and Power Supply is conducted via single cable with 100Mb Bus Speed.
- UP TO 100m BETWEEN UNITS: With KRYPTON, units can be spread over a large area with up 100 M between each node
- IP67 RATED: Ready for use in extreme weather and harsh environments.
- 1, 3, 4, 8 and 16 CHANNEL UNITS: Available in various configurations from tiny single channel units to 16 channel units.
- UP TO 20 kHz/CH SAMPLING RATE: Multi-Channel KRYPTON DAQ Modules can achieve a sampling rate of up to 20 kS/second and KRYPTON ONE single channel up to 40 kS/second.
- UNIVERSAL ANALOG INPUTS: Can accept voltage and full/half/quarter bridge signals natively as well as IEPE, charge, thermocouples, RTD, current, resistance and LVDT signals with the use of DSI Adaptors.
- BEST PART IS THE POWER FUL SOFTWARE INCLUDED WITH FREE LIFETIME UPGRADES: No hidden costs and lifetime free upgrades. Therefore, bringing you intuitive configuration, smart sensors, advanced storage and analysis capabilities.
EtherCAT Distributed Data Acquisition Protocol Technology
KRYPTON data acquisition systems are using 100 Mbit datalink based on EtherCAT protocol technology. Data link enables daisy chain of units. At the end of the chain, RJ45 cable is used to plug into the Ethernet port of your PC computer or the, more rugged 8-pin LEMO connector. This allows connection to Dewesoft’s robust, powerful computers like KRYPTON CPU, SBOX, R2DB, R4 or R8.
EtherCAT brings another big advantage – zero configuration. KRYPTON devices do not require any complex IP setup. Simply connect them together into PC and Dewesoft X software will recognise and setup devices automatically.
There is the single cable required for data, power, and synchronisation which can run up to 100 metres from module to module connecting amplifiers together.
Small and Flexible Rugged DAQ System
KRYPTON Rugged DAQ modules are perfect for field measurements in any environment. The small size allows them to fit in tight places and can be placed closely to the sensors.
Finally, this reduces the cost of the sensor cabling, chances of wiring errors and improves the signal quality.
Robust and Rugged Data Acquisition
KRYPTON DAQ modules are robust. Each one is machined out of aluminium bricks and has industrial-grade electronics installed. Units are then sealed with thermally conductive and electrically isolative rubber. For the final touch, Dewesoft add a rubber band around KRYPTON chassis. This protects the unit from the shocks. The result is an IP67 degree of protection. Units are waterproof, shockproof, and can withstand shocks up to 100G.
KRYPTON can operate in harsh environments and is rated to work in temperature span from -40°C to +85°C.
Extensive testing in the Dewesoft laboratories ensures bulletproof quality and worry-free testing under extreme conditions.
High-End Signal Conditioning
KRYPTON also has quality analogue amplifiers for precise signal measurement. There is an array of different modules are available for almost any sensor:
- STG: Universal differential voltage and Full/Half/Quarter bridge input. Available in 1, 3and 6 channel configurations. Compatible with DSI adapters.
- TH: Universal isolated thermocouple input module. Accepts all thermocouple types. Available in 8and 16 channel configurations and as a single channel for high voltage thermocouple measurements.
- RTD: Universal differential PTx temperature, resistance and voltage. Available in 8 and 16 channel configurations.
- LV: Isolated voltage input module. Available in 1, 4and 8 channel configurations.
- LA: Isolated low current measurement module. Available in 8channel configuration.
- ACC – IEPE accelerometer and microphone input unit in 1, 4and 8 channel configuration
- DI / DO– Digital I/O module. Available in 4xDI, 4xDO, 16xDI, 16xDO or 8xDI/8xDO channel configurations.
- AO– analogue output is available in single-channel configurations
- CNT– a single channel DEWESoft SUPERCOUNTER® module
For complete specifications please see KRYPTON tech specs.
KRYPTON ONE – Single-channel Data Acquisition
KRYPTON ONE is the smallest IP67 DAQ module in the world. The pocket-size Rugged DAQ modules are mounted in tight places, right next to the sensors. Connected with a single cable for power, data, and synchronisation.
KRYPTON ONE data acquisition modules are completely compatible with every other KRYPTON, SIRIUS and other data acquisition systems from Dewesoft.
KRYPTON ONE Modules
- ACC:isolated IEPE and voltage input
- STG:isolated universal and strain gage input
- LV:isolated universal voltage input
- DI:digital input
- DO:digital output
- AO:analog output
- CNT:counter/encode/digital input
- CAN:CAN bus input
- HV:isolated high-voltage input up to ±1000V
- TH-HV:thermocouple input for high-voltage potentials
Main characteristics of KRYPTON ONE modules
- The fastest KRYPTON:single-channel architecture allows a maximum sample rate of 40 kS/s.
- Isolation: Fully Isolated.
- Current input:1xSTG includes internal shunt for two current input ranges (20 mA, 2 mA).
- High current drive:4xDO is capable of sinking 2A current to drive high loads.
- Easy stacking: Stacked and tightened, with M4 hex key screws.
KRYPTON Rugged DAQ hardware is capable of acquiring different signals like voltage, bridge, IEPE, thermocouple, digital, and more. With included Dewesoft X software, you can easily acquire data from additional interfaces like GPS, Flexray, Ethernet, Serial, PCM telemetry, and many more.
The synchronisation between KRYPTON modules run through the same cable as power and data.
KRYPTON DAQ modules can also be combined and synchronised with Dewesoft’s fast USB DAQ devices like SIRIUS, MINITAURs or DEWE-43A. Simply by using a small accessory called EtherCAT Sync Junction. This box will provide clock source for synchronisation.
Works with 3rd-party Real-Time EtherCAT Masters
The KRYPTON DAQ modules are also compatible with any 3rd-party real-time EtherCAT master such as Beckoff Twincat, MTS TestSuite, NI Labview, Matlab, and others.
Data Acquisition Software Included for Free
All Dewesoft data acquisition systems come with award-winning DewesoftX data acquisition software. DewesoftX is the world’s most advanced and easy-to-use data acquisition and signal processing software. It offers flexibility and endless functionality for signal processing and will help you solve all your test and measurement needs. Their DAQ software gives you many advantages over other DAQ systems. Functionalities like plug-and-play, hardware auto-detection, smart TEDS sensors, advanced storing, real-time displays, and a never-ending math library.
And the best part? DewesoftX DAQ software offers life-time FREE software updates and technical support to all users. Software is evolving all the time. No hidden upgrade costs.
Technical Specifications of the DEWESoft KRYPTON Products
KRYPTONi 8xTH / KRYPTONi 16xTH
Thermocouple inputs have universal input connector allowing usage of any thermocouple type. They also run with 100 Hz sample rate per channel.
KRYPTONi 4xLV / KRYPTONi 8xLV
100 V isolated amplifier with low voltage input has a sample rate of 20 kHz per channel.
KRYPTON 3xSTG / KRYPTON 6xSTG
Universal STG 10V amplifier running with sample rate that reaches up to 20 kHz per channel. Inputs are compatible with DSI adapters which can additionally support IEPE/ICP sensors, LVDTs, charge, thermocouple and more.
8 channel isolated universal PTx temperature (PT100, PT200, PT500, PT1000, PT2000 ), resistance and voltage analogue input module with sampling rates up to 100 Hz per channel
KRYPTON 16xDI, KRYPTON 16xDO, KRYPTON 8xDI 8xDO,
Digital input/output module. All Krypton DIO modules have 25 pin DSUB connectors that are available also in waterproof version. Hence, they have power supply of 5V and 12V to power the switches or sensors. So the Krypton DIO has no counter interface functionality. For this you need to choose appropriate SIRIUS instrument.
KRYPTONi-8xLA is a rugged multi-channel low current measurement module. It is a perfect device for data acquisition in control applications requiring an input current range of ±20 mA. It has 8 Analog Channels. Data acquisition is 24-bit ADC with a sampling rate of up to 20 kS/sec. Plus it is for extreme conditions and able to withstand vibrations up to 13g RMS and shocks up to 100g.
Intel Quad Core Celeron NanoX-BT E3845-4G; 4 GB RAM; 256 GB SATA SSD Storage and much more.
For more detailed specifications click here and you will be directed to the DEWESoft Website.
Mounting plate for a Rugged DAQ such as the KRYPTON system features an aluminium ground plate. It has an easy click mechanism, which is the same as the one on top of KRYPTON instruments. It is suitable for mounting any KRYPTON as well as a KRYPTON CPU. The mechanism does not sustain large vibrations and a huge stack of devices.
|More Information||Contact Us|