The Acromag USB Isolator protects equipment from electrical surges and transient voltage spikes.
Firstly, it eliminates ground loop currents. Such as those flowing between the PC and Peripherals which can cause damage and inaccurate measurements. As well as isolation minimises conducted noise from static charge, magnetic fields and radio frequency interference.
Secondly, it is easy to use. The isolator inserts in-line with the USB connection and operates transparently. No special software drivers are required. The unit receives power from the PC’s USB port and isolates that power to the connected device. High noise immunity and low radiated emissions ensure reliable data transfer in sensitive applications.
Thirdly, a number of high-performance features help provide convenient and dependable operation. The green LED indicates that power is being received and blinks if the connected device draws too much current. Also an internal jumper lets you switch from Full Speed (12 Mbps) to Low Speed (1.5 Mbps) communication. The reset button offers a simple way to reinitialise a connected device without breaking the cable connection. High-retention USB sockets keep cables securely attached under shock and vibration.
Features of the USB Isolator include:
- Isolates and protects a USB peripheral from a USB host
- Electrical isolation up to 1500V AC / 2100V DC
- Common mode filtering on all data lines
- Also a built-in surge/transient suppression up to 8kV on all ports
- Self-powered through the USB port Supports
- USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps) and USB 1.1 low speed (1.5 Mbps) data rates with jumper selection
- LED for power indication and diagnostics
- Reset button to reinitialize and re-enumerate peripheral devices
- As well as output short circuit protection with auto-retry
- No software or configuration required (transparent operation)
- Uses standard high-retention USB Type A/B cable connections (includes 1m cable)
- Compact size and rugged design for harsh environments
- Wide ambient temperature operation, -40 to 70°C
- CE, FCC, UL/cUL approvals
Finally, contact us for more information.