The Gresham DC System Range consists of Transformer Rectifier Units (TRU), batteries and also distribution. The DC System Range is also available in seperate and combined units depending on user requirements. TRUs also come in 2 ranges. For example, this includes the 3RC range of 12 pulse thyristor rectifiers or the 3RP range of equipment which utilises switch-mode rectifier modules.
Furthermore, users can also select valve regulated lead acid batteries in a range of sizes to meet load and autonomy times. The distribution usually consists of output circuit breakers and charger/battery isolators.
Features of the DC System Range Include:
- 440 volts 3 phase 3 wire 60Hz in accordance with STANAG 1008
- High input power factor with rectifier modules
- Option: Normal/Emergency input supply with automatic changeover
- Optional 415/230/115V, 3phase, 60Hz available
- Single phase input option also available
- Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries
- Nominal voltage: 24V
- Nominal capacity dependant on autonomy time – typically 5min, 30min or 1hr
- Specified lifetime 7-10yrs at 20°C
- Extensive battery monitoring. For example, over voltage, low voltage, excess hydrogen and short circuit cell detection.
- Withstands shocks of up to 15g
- Meets shipboard vibration requirements
- The batteries have been selected for operation at a nominal ambient temperature of 20°C.
- IP23 – suitable for electrical compartment
- IP44 – suitable for machinery space
- IP54 – fitted with dust filters
- Designed to withstand ship motion due to sea action, accelerations and also velocities deriving from deliberate ship manoeuvres.
For more information, contact us.