The Acromag PMC-VLX are Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA Modules with Plug in I/O. This product comes with a high speed memory and high throughput on a PCI-X interface.
Firstly, there are 64 I/O lines which are accessible through the rear (J4) connector. Additional I/O processing is supported on a separate mezzanine card that simply plugs into the FPGA base board. Some external AXM I/O cards interface directly to the analog and digital I/O signals. Large memory banks provide efficient data handling. Plus, DDR2 SDRAM buffers store captured data prior to FPGA processing. This data is then moved to the dual-port SRAM for high-speed DMA transfer to the system.
The PMC-VLX is also available in a conduction cooled design. The Conduction cooled version dissipates heat if there is inadequate air flow. The optional extended temperature models operate reliably from -40 to 85°C. Acromag also provide an Engineering Design Kit to operate with the PMC-VLX. It provides software utilities and example VHDL code to speed up the program development process. A JTAG interface allows on board VHDL simulation.
Features of the Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA Modules with Plug in I/O PMC-VLX include:
- 64 I/O or 32 LVDS lines direct to FPGA via rear (J4)
- Plug-in I/O modules are available for front mezzanine
- FPGA code loads from PCI bus or flash memory
- Two banks of 256Kb x 32-bit dual-ported SRAM
- Two banks of 32Mb x 16-bit DDR2 SDRAM
- Other memory options available (contact factory)
- Supports dual DMA channel data transfer to CPU/bus
- Supports 3.3V signalling
- Support for Xilinx ChipScope™ Pro interface
- 0 to 70°C or -40 to 85°C (E versions)
- Reconfigurable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA
- PCI-X bus 100MHz 64-bit interface
- Supports both front and rear I/O connections
Finally, for more information, contact us.