Model 5340B2, Vibrascout Portable USB DC Triaxial Vibration Measurement System
Ideal for field-portable data collection, end-of-line testing, static angular measurements, ride quality, and diagnosis of rotating machinery.
The VibraScout™ 3D Vibration Measurement System, includes a USB digital triaxial accelerometer combining a MEMS accelerometer with a microcontroller to create an intelligent sensor.
What it Does:
The model 5340B2 is a unique and innovative solution for fast, portable, cost effective vibration surveys and data acquisition. Easy to install software allows for real time, three-directional vibration data acquisition (including static inclination) along with real-time temperature monitoring. The system will store acceleration and temperature information, display real-time scrolling plots of acceleration data in Min, Max and Mean, log real-time data to a delimited file for importing into Excel, has auto and smart triggering modes and digital filters to improve signal/noise ratio, performs real-time compression to Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
Other features of the 5340B2 Include:
- Apply post-processing analysis to record data from VibraScout™ sensor
- Test Log to display RMS, Max, Min, and pk-pk plots for overall recorded data
- “Scope Preview” feature for data playback
- Single and double integration for velocity and displacement calculation
- User defined filters for each individual channel
- FFT and octave analysis
- Multi-channel overlays
- One click export of all plots and text files to data file directory
How it Works:
The accelerometer contains a variable capacitance (VC) MEMS chip (200g range) with USB interface. Load the software onto your PC or laptop (contact supplier for minimum computer system requirements). The standard USB protocol handles all the sensor communications with the PC; no external power is required for the sensor, simply plug it in to the USB port. The sensor is hermetically sealed in a titanium housing weighing just 17 grams, allowing it to be used in harsh environments from test tracks to field monitoring. The frequency range of the VibraScout is 0 Hz (DC) to 1,100 Hz. Units can withstand 10,000g shock.
5340B2 System Consists of:
- Model 7543B2, USB powered triaxial accelerometer, 200g
- (1) Model 6330A15, 15-foot cable assembly, 4-pin to USB
- (2) Model 6247A1 mounting screws (6-32)
- (2) Model 6688 mounting screws (M3)
- (1) Model 9008 Software Toolkit
- Develop “Pass/Fail” criteria for vibration or shock-based “end of line” acceptance testing
- Product graphics, charts and data for reports and white papers
- Document “before-and-after” condition to assess effectiveness of design changes
- Perform ride quality and other “whole body” human response studies”
- Complete university engineering degree coursework and thesis papers
- Establish the basis for a simplified machinery condition monitoring program
- Quickly quantify and pinpoint sources of unwanted vibration
- Measure tilt angles on heavy equipment, construction sites, and structures
- Survey anything to get a feel for what’s happening – the first step towards fixing it!
Start your vibration analysis adventures today with VibraScout™.
Contact us today for further information